Starship Troopers 1-3 on Amazon

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
It's on Amazon Gold Box right now in Blu-ray. Or you can talk to me, I have an extra. ;)

I own 1, but find myself very conflicted while watching it.

I am a big Heinlein fan, and what they did to his story borders on criminal. Totally changed the tone and underlying message. But the action shots are great, and as Don says, it is very hard to ignore Denise Richards :)

I've seen 10 minutes each of 2 &3. That was about all I could stand before turning them off. Pure drek.

Think what they would do to Stranger in a Strange Land. Maybe worse than what they did to Puppet Masters (which I guess would have had to have fantastic camera work or be rated X for nudity if it followed the book).

Think what they would do to Stranger in a Strange Land. Maybe worse than what they did to Puppet Masters (which I guess would have had to have fantastic camera work or be rated X for nudity if it followed the book).

Actually, I kind of liked their treatment of Puppet Masters. Agreed on the nudity part, and a movie can never capture the richness of the book. I also liked that they took out the commie bashing Heinlein of the '50s.

Overall, I thought it was as good of a book treatment as many others I have seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)