starving

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
Because of the blizzard/closed roads in the state, food service workers can't get back to the hospitals to prepare food.People haven't eaten since yesterday.A friend that works at St.Francis mentioned she was able to get home but there are nurses stranded there.

I live one of the snowiest city in the U.S. and all the hospitals here have emergency plans for just such events. Doctors, nurses, food service people and other staff are all prepared to stay there until they can be relieved or for the duration. I would find it hard to believe that any hospital would just not feed their patients for 24 hours or let an employee (your friend) go home. Something about this sounds fishy to me. If that's really the case, then you or your friend should be calling the local media right now, that's the kind of story they'd jump on.

Rules for such jobs are very strict. Reminds me of military orders to stand one's watch until properly relieved. And the stories my sister told about being a nurse during and after Katrina....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Best College Class EVER

Houdini Horse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)