Starz/Encore $5.01

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Just got a call from Dish offering the above per month. Half-price so I am gonna try it. For my viewing tastes, this make more sense that going up to HD Ultimate. WARNING...I called back to ask about something else and mentioned the promo. The CSR said she knew nothing about it, but did see it on my account, FWIW.

Damn it, I just added Starz back.

They've got the Platinum HD level free for 3 months. They offered me HBO/Starz free for 3 too, which I thought was weird since I had just dumped them 6 weeks ago. But that one required a commitment, and I might be moving to FIOS territory.

I called just now, and got some Starve'n Marvin who notified me that I already had Encore under the AT 250.

Time for Call Center Lotto!!!

I called just now, and got some Starve'n Marvin who notified me that I already had Encore under the AT 250.

Time for Call Center Lotto!!!
That's right, you may not qualify. I arm on DVR Advantage 200.

Well, always remember, ALWAYS lie!

I said I just got a call offering me this deal, Starz and Encore for $5.01 a month!! I said I turned it down, then I thought, How long is this good for? So I am calling back to check on the deal.

She said, is some really broken a$$ English. "You already have Encore sir."

So I just hung up, and figured I would try again.

yeah nothing. tried to do 3 months free with commitment. NO. then tried to tack it on for 12.99 and 4.99 each. NO THANKS.

does Encore have any HD channels?
The main one with more to come. Not sure how many. Sorry you ALL are having trouble. Like I said, I got called about it. When I said I would take it, he said he would have to transfer me to a verification center. COULD BE, this is a farmed out promo/phone campaign being executed OUTSIDE the normal CSR stable. When I asked about Cinemax for a penny, he said he was only there to handle the Starz promo. Maybe Starz is making the contacts???????

The main one with more to come. Not sure how many. Sorry you ALL are having trouble. Like I said, I got called about it. When I said I would take it, he said he would have to transfer me to a verification center. COULD BE, this is a farmed out promo/phone campaign being executed OUTSIDE the normal CSR stable. When I asked about Cinemax for a penny, he said he was only there to handle the Starz promo. Maybe Starz is making the contacts???????
What number did you call?

I just called, he said the only promotion they had is starz/hbo for 3 months for a 24 years commitment.

Wouldn't give me a deal for half price on starz.

Should of said come get your box out of my house. :)

Loyal customer who never missed a bill in which they get $70 a month from me, I get nothin..... but a bill!

Not stupid, Tony.. Yes, HBO.

Tony has a good point, before you said that you have the Dish DVR Advantage with HBO. Dish DVR Advantage allows you to have to movie channels for $20. Since you already have HBO which is 14.99 that is why you are paying 5.01 for Starz or Encore or even Cinemax. I know this because I have called about possibly adding a Movie package and I was told that if I where to pick any 2 movie packages it would be $20. Once again this deal is given to you because you have the Dish DVR Advantage.:up

SW64 and power inserter.

My Dinosaur Died!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts