STB reeboot wiped out recordings?

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
I missed chuck twice Because of an STB reboot. The reboot happened at am but it wiped out Chuck Chuck was scheduled to record at pm. On the history for the recording it says event stopped by STB reboot. Itt also said the timer was schedueled from 11pm to 230 am. The timer was only set for 10:59 to 12:03. WTF do now have to stay up and baby sit my equipment? I tried a forum search and could not find this issue for E*.

Are you talking about the normal update time for the reboot? IF so , you can change the time for it to what ever time you want. Menu+ 8 ,+ 4 . If it is a random reboot there is no way to prevent them. You can make sure you have plenty of air ventilation around the box and it isn't in a closed in console with doors etc. As for the timers check and see if you have your timers set for 1 minute early and stop 3 minutes late. You can adjust those as well for 0 early and 0 late and even make it the system default if you want to.

i should mentioned the problem is on a dvr 510. The 510 does not allow me to change the time of the update like my 625 does. This has only happened on 2 diffrent monday nights so far. The recoding should have stoped at 12:03 am but from the dvr history it show that the recording was stoped @ 230 am because of an STB reboot. I have caneled the timer and then reset it I also unpluged the receiver for a wile then plugged it in again. I am at a loss because I haved own this dvr since 2003 and never had this issue before. I wonder if it is an indication that it might be on it last leg.

i should mentioned the problem is on a dvr 510. The 510 does not allow me to change the time of the update like my 625 does. This has only happened on 2 diffrent monday nights so far. The recoding should have stoped at 12:03 am but from the dvr history it show that the recording was stoped @ 230 am because of an STB reboot. I have caneled the timer and then reset it I also unpluged the receiver for a wile then plugged it in again. I am at a loss because I haved own this dvr since 2003 and never had this issue before. I wonder if it is an indication that it might be on it last leg.

HDD is going bye bye. Get ready to exchange it. Might be time to get the dish home service plan. It's a month fee that you can pay and they will replace it. Or you might want to upgrade to an HD box.

Last edited:
I use a 508 and I can't recall that it has ever been interrupted by a daily reboot. Shortly after the event is over (whether watching or recording), it reboots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)