Stealth cancellation of Install dates!

Each work order has a set amount of time allocated for the job to be done and this in turn factors into the installers overall route for the day. Lets say the installer has a route that consists of 2 trouble calls to repair malfunctioning systems, a 2 tv hook up a 3 tv hook up with a second dish, and another 3 tv hookup with a dual tuner, the brake down in time allocated is something like this.

service call / trouble call: 2 hours x 2

2 tv install 3 hours 40 mins

3 tv install with second dish 5 hours 40 mins

3 tv install 4 hours 40 mins

This is a total of 17 hours and 20 mins of allocated time the installer is given for his work day not including drive time. Earlier this year the time frames were removed from the work orders and there are rumours as to why but rumuours are like opinions.

Ok so If the installer is there at your home and you decide you want to add the second dish or you want to add additional tvs then this change has to be made to his work order to reflect the change in needed equipment as well as in needed time and in some instances the job may need to be rescheduled as it may not be feasable to do said job that day.

It is a problem for a tech to do a work order change that isnt going to hinder his time frame for the day but all the tech has to do is contact his dispatch office and they can pull the work order back from its reschedule date. And yes the csr should have made it clear that when you called up to enquire about the second dish to add on that it would change the installation date though Im more apt to think that the csr did not understand that by thinking he was making a second work order wich you cant have two open worker orders now that it would cancel out the first one automaticly.

Texanmutt said:
Not if he dont have another dish in his truck. Most installers only carry enough dishes to do the installs they have for the day. Receivers is another matter. Most always have atleast 1 more than they need.

A good installer will have enough equipment on theyr van to handle up to 4 additional installs because you never know what your going to run into on any given job such as the need to do a split dish installation to get 2 or more satellites due to line of site obstructions or if you drop a dish and damage it while going up a ladder.

Your right BC, and if they do that they wont last long in the job either.

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
At least with most problems with Dish or DTV an email to ceo@..... will get a call back from someone higher up when you get blown off enough times.

not anymore apparently. I've emailed three consecutive months to E* in regard to a ridiculous ClubDish credit problem, and have not received a call yet. :mad:

Van said:
...you never know what your going to run into on any given job such as the need to do a split dish installation to get 2 or more satellites due to line of site obstructions or if you drop a dish and damage it while going up a ladder.
We dont do spilt dish jobs. Line of sight is not a big problem here. I dont drop dishes either.
bcshields said:
What if you're missing hardware?
I keep extra hardware kits.
bcshields said:
What if you screw up and warp the dish
I pay attention to what I'm doing.
bcshields said:
what if you run into a modification
Not my problem. I have enough linguistic skills to keep extra sh*t from being added to work orders (About 99% of the time). If it cant be rescheduled, then the equipment will be brought to me. I have enough work that rescheduling a job will not affect my paycheck.
bcshields said:
or get a call to pick up a workorder because another tech broke down...
Then the paperwork and the equipment will be brought to me.
bcshields said:
You can tell that those techs aren't working off of commission
When i make a sale, i spend almost 2 hours talking with customer so they will have everything they want (i.e. there are no surprises). When I do the install for my sale, i do that one job for the day because i make 2 & a half times more for a sale install than a normal install.
bcshields said:
They take up little space.
I have my dishes assembled the night before to save me time on the job, so they do take up space. However, I do keep extra equipment (sw21, dp34, dpp44, lnb's, etc.) . I'm not that dumb.

When I was a subcontractor things were different. You did not get extra equipment. They would only give you equipment for the jobs you had that day. The office where the equipment came out of was 2 hours away. If you had to add to a work order or change the equipment it got rescheduled.

Now it's a whole different story. New office is most of the time only 30 min drive time away. We get to keep extra equipment on out truck also.

Kind of funny but as a subcontractor they acted like we would steal equipment. Now as a piece worker they trust us.

The best way for this to be handled would be to contact a local retailer or dealer..... they would have had everything and would have been able to modify the work order over the phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts