Stereo Receiver Trouble

runningfish

Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
PA
I am new to all this and like to think i know what im doing to a point. however i have found a problem i cant solve. I am at school and we receive our cable through the wall (no STB just coax from wall to coax in tv) however i would like to run it through an older Kenwood stereo AV receiver which has only RCA component inputs. my problem is my tv (a 22inch Vizio LCD Model # VA22LFHDTV10T) has only a headphone output. I cant seem to find a way to run the signal through the AV unit. the only other thing I have hooked up is a Phillips DVD player that uses and HDMI out for the Video and L and R audio cables for the audio. Any affordable ideas??

Your headphone jack is most likely a miniplug for which you can get a splitter to connect your RCA audio cables like this one at Monoprice.

They're pretty cheap and I'm sure you can get one at a local electronics store or Radio Shack.

Thanks, after posting that I happened to notice I had one of said cables laying around, I tried it and it works just fine, thanks for the advice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)