Stern show not Recording due to duplicate name

milton@kkom.com

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Long Island, NY
I noticed that my Stern recordings were not happening for the last few days. I have it set with perfecTrax and splitTrax off for that recording as the scroll is too flaky on the show. What I think is happening is that since I had "no duplicates" set up in my config as default, it dumped the Stern recording since the scroll at startup is the same everyday or at the end of the show (not sure which one it is). Any thoughts on this. In the meantime I turned off the no duplicates, but that is a short term thing since I don't really need to fill the hard drive with dups.

Any advise?

milton@kkom.com said:
I noticed that my Stern recordings were not happening for the last few days. I have it set with perfecTrax and splitTrax off for that recording as the scroll is too flaky on the show. What I think is happening is that since I had "no duplicates" set up in my config as default, it dumped the Stern recording since the scroll at startup is the same everyday or at the end of the show (not sure which one it is). Any thoughts on this. In the meantime I turned off the no duplicates, but that is a short term thing since I don't really need to fill the hard drive with dups.
Any advise?

I have it set to record duplicates but I also use this configuration:

%d-%c\%n-%a-%s

Directory created by DateStamp-Channel\Counter-Artist-Song.mp3

This allows you to get different folders for the different recordings, it also allows the counter to preserver the ORDER of what was recoded.

I have found this to be the best method for me.

more clarification on this setup please

Phucknut,

With this setup I would then be getting dups of any thing I record (music, comedy). Do you happen to have a screenshot of what those folders would look like? Any thing special you do to get rid of all the song/comedy duplicates made?

Thanks

milton@kkom.com said:
Phucknut,
With this setup I would then be getting dups of any thing I record (music, comedy). Do you happen to have a screenshot of what those folders would look like? Any thing special you do to get rid of all the song/comedy duplicates made?
Thanks

Sorry - at work so not able to get a screen shot.

However, I handle the dups manually. I also just delete ANYTHING thats less than 1MB regardless of the name. This helps remove the commercials / xm spots.

For each recording in the schedule, it creates a folder. It also creates a folder when you press the record button.

It's very different for me, I am not using this product to build a music library. I do not feel, regardless of TT versions and so on - its just not good enough to handle the tracks properly. Timing delays as well as horrible volume controls make music just impossible (in my opinion) consideirng I rather have super high quality stuff.

I am only really using TT to record O&A + R&F for 12 hours and then TT Records specials, concerts, interviews and what not. So my usage is a bit different from the user trying to build a library.