Still having issues with :29 and :59 past the hour freeze/pixilation

Actually, if you note the time carefully it occurs on the hour and half hour of "Dish's" clock (Charlie Standard Time). When you record shows without padding, the recordings always start a little early and end a little early. It's been this way with Dish as long as I can remember with all of my DVRs. If the momentary screen blip (that appears to be standard with them) is the biggest thing bothering you, the Hoppers must be pretty great. :D

lol. I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it if it didn't make Dolby Digital drop sometimes. Question: Did the 922 ever do this? I know my 722Ks never did.

I just got a H/J system and noticed this. I'm on the latest S230 software. Most of the time it doesn't bother me as it's in the credits of the show, but sometimes, hour long shows or movies, it happens in the middle of the show, which is very annoying. This never happened with my 722.

I have yet to notice. Not saying it doesnt happen, but I forgotten about this bug until I just read this thread. I hope I continue to not see it :)

I have only noticed it when the guide changes over to a new block of programming on the channel that I'm watching at the time. Say I'm watching the Simpsons at 7:30. I will get a pixellated screen at the tick over from 7:59 to 8PM when the next show starts and the guide shows that I'm watching the next show even though the credits, or unfortunately, sometimes a part of the show I'm watching is still on. I have never noticed it during a movie because I presume that it happens during the commercial time after the movie or during the credits.

I have yet to notice. Not saying it doesnt happen, but I forgotten about this bug until I just read this thread. I hope I continue to not see it :)

I haven't noticed it either, maybe due to the fact that most of the non-sports programming I watch is recorded and I'm probably skipping over it...

I have only noticed it when the guide changes over to a new block of programming on the channel that I'm watching at the time. Say I'm watching the Simpsons at 7:30. I will get a pixellated screen at the tick over from 7:59 to 8PM when the next show starts and the guide shows that I'm watching the next show even though the credits, or unfortunately, sometimes a part of the show I'm watching is still on. I have never noticed it during a movie because I presume that it happens during the commercial time after the movie or during the credits.

A noticed the same thing a few times when I happened to be viewing the guide during those time periods. When the guide shifts to the next time block, the video stutters.

I'll try to keep an eye on this. If it does seem to be consistent when the guide changes, then it'd be a good way to narrow the search for the Dish software guys to work out the bug.

I have 722k with OTA. I noticed pixelation at the end of shows as well. I'll check again but I think it does it on OTA channels as well. The most noticeable for me is the ID channel. Sometimes video goes completely black and audio changes from stereo to Dolby.
I switched LNBFs because I thought it might be drift. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I have noticed it many times. It is pretty easy to spot. I wasn't necesarilly looking for it, but had seen the posts about it here and when it happened I knew what it was. I did not think about the guide changeover. I will have to keep that in mind when I'm seeing it in the future to note the correlation.

Never noticed it on my 722, but just got a hopper/joey setup this morning. I'll look for it (even though once I see it, it will bug me). Does it happen when watching a recorded event? Or is it when watching Live TV, or both? How long does it last? Less then a second, or longer?

Does it happen at every :29, :59 mark, or is it related to DVR timers coming on or off?

If it happens to me, I'll try to narrow it down some.

Noticed it tonight while watching a show on HGTV. As soon as I saw it I hit guide and sure enough the guide had already changed to the next hour even thoough there was still a half minute or so of the show left. It is possible that the guide change is doing it. Or not.

Ok, so the wife and I are just sitting around this AM watching A&E and now I see what you guys are talking about. Only live tv we've really watched since I had the Hopper is football.

Everytime I hear a blip and pause, its dead on the money 29 and 59. So mine surely does it.

Just adding me to the list. I see this most often during playback of recordings, and, sure enough, right at the top of the hour OF THE RECORDING TIME--Not the real time top of the hour--the recording will pixel badly and lose audio for about a second. I notice this because I have many recordings set to end at 1 minute late, and now it ALWAYS will pixel at what was the top of the hour during recording. I immediately check, and every time the banner shows 57 sec. or so remaining. It has now become a PITA because it seems to happen ALL THE TIME now. It can cause one to miss details or ruin an exciting conclusion climax with dialog lost and the big finish video ruined. It also happens when watching live TV, as well, but I watch mostly previously recorded material most, and I notice it there most.

I wonder if when the system clock in the Hopper turns to the top of the hour, it somehow is causing a hiccup, or is it some function of the Hopper that occurs right at the top of the hour that caused the hiccup. It would be nice if Dish fixes this ASAP.

This has been happening since the Hopper was first released. It's not fixed yet, so I wouldn't hold your breathe that it's going to be fixed any time soon. I for one am getting pretty tired of it. It never bothered me too much before, but it's getting more and more annoying the longer it goes on without getting fixed.

-Todd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts