Still having issues with :29 and :59 past the hour freeze/pixilation

the problem is that this is supposed to be the most capable DVR platform that dish has ever used. my guess, since they have gone so long without a fix for it, is that it is a shortfall of system resources that cannot be easily fixed.

Too bad we can't login and look.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I might believe that if the ViPs never exhibited this problem after a software update.

In a previous thread, they asked for people having the problem to PM the DIRT team with the receiver IDs that had the issue. This tells me that they can't reliably reproduce it in the lab, and that it is intermittent in the field. That will take them longer to fix.

It's been happening for months, through several releases, maybe since day one. At least 3 releases back though.

One has to wonder where this is in their bug fix list.

In a previous thread, they asked for people having the problem to PM the DIRT team with the receiver IDs that had the issue. This tells me that they can't reliably reproduce it in the lab, and that it is intermittent in the field. That will take them longer to fix.

You've made a big leap with your assumptions. It's been reported by enough people here that it's beyond intermittent.

Also based on behavior, my guess based on quite a bit of experience in Unix/Linux systems, is that there's a shortfall as they update the tuner streams (3) going as they roll forward the guide Data. This is their first three tuner, 4 with OTA, and it's a question of getting the right telemetry to find it.

But since I'm a customer I can't do it for them.

Also based on behavior, my guess based on quite a bit of experience in Unix/Linux systems, is that there's a shortfall as they update the tuner streams (3) going as they roll forward the guide Data. This is their first three tuner, 4 with OTA, and it's a question of getting the right telemetry to find it.
You've made a big assumption leap as well, since the problem is also being reported on ViP receivers with as few as one tuner that have been in service for years, and it only started after a recent software update.

On my vip 722 receiver, I saw it once. Yesterday. And I have been watching for that for weeks. From this, I would bet it is hard to repeat. Heck, maybe it is in the uplink or one satellite when programming on one changes.

I still haven't noticed it on my new Hopper, sort of. I have seen a bit of audio drop/picture freeze (only lasts less than a second, and doesn't happen very often), but it's never been at the :29 or :59 mark. Weird, and not something that really bothers me.

I'm seeing it on a VIP722 and a 211. I don't know if this is where to report it, but it's what the search found.

Finally started noticing this over the last couple of days on my 722 (non-k). I wonder if it has anything to do with the software version as it appears that L729 was recently applied to my receiver. Is there any way to check when the update was applied?

I still continue to have this problem. It's like there's no end in sight......

-Todd

I keep reading this on here but I have never seen this problem. I have the Hopper and Hopper with Sling at home. Before that I had a 922. Here at the office we have a Hopper and a 722k. I've never seen it on any of them and have never heard a customer bring up the issue. Not sure if it's not happening at all or if I just don't notice it. Seems strange.

I had been saying that for a while, Scherrman. Never saw it until recently on my 722. I do believe that a recent patch did introduce it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)