Still No HD DN?

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Is anybody who currently has SD distant networks getting them in HD? Suddenly my account shows I can get up to 2 DNs SD and I've had CBS HD from LA for a while now on my 811. So, I'm wondering if, for those with the new MPG4 receivers who currently have DN if they're also getting any HD locals out of their are. Trying to decide if I'll continue or upgrade Dish (I have both E* and D* now).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hd Distant Network Channels

If you are getting CBS-HD (East or West) now, you will continue getting the channel when you upgrade. My CBS distant (NY) was approved on 1/31, and I ordered my 211 on 2/1. When I upgraded I specifically asked whether or not I would still get the channel. I later asked about NBC & ABC. I was told by E* CRS that they are looking into offering those of us with waivers the other networks in HD, as we are paying for the channels.

I hope this is true. :hungry:

cool. thanks. actually a cSR said that, if I got the SD DN I would also get the HD DN! But again, those Dish CSRs dont' know anything or will just plainly lie in order to get you to sign up! :mad: Right now, I still have $45 of credit in my account so I may just add my SD DN and see how things will develop within the next month or. Another CSR also told me that in April there'll be a $200 rebate if you add the 622. but that could be also another lie as it has been said before that only the people with 942 would get that rebate in ...:rolleyes:

kcribb1 said:
If you are getting CBS-HD (East or West) now, you will continue getting the channel when you upgrade. My CBS distant (NY) was approved on 1/31, and I ordered my 211 on 2/1. When I upgraded I specifically asked whether or not I would still get the channel. I later asked about NBC & ABC. I was told by E* CRS that they are looking into offering those of us with waivers the other networks in HD, as we are paying for the channels.

I hope this is true. :hungry:

Fgsilva said:
cool. thanks. actually a cSR said that, if I got the SD DN I would also get the HD DN! But again, those Dish CSRs dont' know anything or will just plainly lie in order to get you to sign up! :mad: Right now, I still have $45 of credit in my account so I may just add my SD DN and see how things will develop within the next month or. Another CSR also told me that in April there'll be a $200 rebate if you add the 622. but that could be also another lie as it has been said before that only the people with 942 would get that rebate in ...:rolleyes:

Rebate applies to folks that have 942s and 921s if I read the notes from the last Tech Chat correctly.

Dish has been quite clear that only 921s and 942s will qualify for the rebate.

Their CSRs are generating a lot of future ill-will by telling so many callers that lots of other receivers qualify.

Yep. And I asked the cSR twice and she said the same: the rebate will be for everyone! :rolleyes:

Tom Bombadil said:
Dish has been quite clear that only 921s and 942s will qualify for the rebate.

Their CSRs are generating a lot of future ill-will by telling so many callers that lots of other receivers qualify.

IF you are subscribed to your SD locals, you will get the HD locals when they become available in your area, but, you will not get distant HD locals.

Last edited:
That's also what I thought. but those CSRs say something different! :rolleyes:

Update: I finally spoke to a knowledgeable CSR and, after checking it out for 10 min he did confirm that the $200 is only for 921 and 942 owners!

RobertsD said:
IF you are subscribed to your SD locals, you will get the HD locals when they become available in your area, but, you will not get distant HD locals.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)