Stonecold's Andriod Roundup

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
I have used a number of andriod phones and will list them here.

MyTouch G1- HTC - Provider Tmobile - Verdict clunky heavy and slow why the hell isthis thing on Tmobile? Partially the fault of HTC and partly the fault of a crappy cell phone company like tmobile with limited 3g options.

Mytouch G3 - HTC - Provider Tmobile - lighter but still has sub par build quality, 3g not bad in what limited areas tmobile had turn on from the orginal launch of the G1... Crappy commericals

Backflip - Moto - Provider ATT - poor build quilty felt like a cheap plastic toy, ATT has convinced moto to butcher andriod by blocking access to apps not in the app store. giving this phone a offical shunning by Googles COO and the andriod development team. But signal and speed of data and voice are on par with my iphone 3gs.

Moment - Samsung - Provider Sprint - Solid keyboard and build quality. Poor placement of camera button and not real excited about the optical pad but amazing screen clarity and easy to type with. Many flaws this phone has are do to the offical 1.5 update with hacked in cdma support. the leaked 2.1 update fixed most of my qaums with this phone .

Hero (CDMA) - HTC - Provider Sprint - Lighter them some of the other andriod phones I have had played with in the past. ok but not great build quality suggestion is to get a good case for it like the one from otterbox. SenseUI can sometimes slow down or just mangle the great andriod experience

Driod - Moto - Provider Verizon - 2.1 off the bat with limited modification was amazing , solid phone and head up to a week of my abuse. Not real wild about the dpad on the hw keyboard. Screen can be less then amazing under low ligh situations .

Incrediable - HTC - Provider Verizon - this phone is a 2.1 andriod released with sense ui agains the phone would run faster with sense and run stock andriod vs the heavly modified sense. Build quality is cheap and the phone like the backflip feels like a toy . This phone often reminds me of this youtube video
[youtube]OYws8biwOYc[/youtube]

I rarely ever use the dpad on the Droid; very little need to use it.

In bright sunshine, no LED is great, but just crank up the brightness and it is usable.
But you nailed it about the Droid versus the Incredible; one feels like a solid piece of equipment, and the other... well... it just feels kind of cheap. :)

I rarely ever use the dpad on the Droid; very little need to use it.

In bright sunshine, no LED is great, but just crank up the brightness and it is usable.
But you nailed it about the Droid versus the Incredible; one feels like a solid piece of equipment, and the other... well... it just feels kind of cheap. :)

the moment and moto droid are the two I happen to like the most.

I am waiting to get my hands on the htc evo but there no 4g in my area to test so kinda pointless.

I have used a number of andriod phones and will list them here.

MyTouch G1- HTC - Provider Tmobile - Verdict clunky heavy and slow why the hell isthis thing on Tmobile? Partially the fault of HTC and partly the fault of a crappy cell phone company like tmobile with limited 3g options.

Mytouch G3 - HTC - Provider Tmobile - lighter but still has sub par build quality, 3g not bad in what limited areas tmobile had turn on from the orginal launch of the G1... Crappy commericals

Backflip - Moto - Provider ATT - poor build quilty felt like a cheap plastic toy, ATT has convinced moto to butcher andriod by blocking access to apps not in the app store. giving this phone a offical shunning by Googles COO and the andriod development team. But signal and speed of data and voice are on par with my iphone 3gs.

Moment - Samsung - Provider Sprint - Solid keyboard and build quality. Poor placement of camera button and not real excited about the optical pad but amazing screen clarity and easy to type with. Many flaws this phone has are do to the offical 1.5 update with hacked in cdma support. the leaked 2.1 update fixed most of my qaums with this phone .

Hero (CDMA) - HTC - Provider Sprint - Lighter them some of the other andriod phones I have had played with in the past. ok but not great build quality suggestion is to get a good case for it like the one from otterbox. SenseUI can sometimes slow down or just mangle the great andriod experience

Driod - Moto - Provider Verizon - 2.1 off the bat with limited modification was amazing , solid phone and head up to a week of my abuse. Not real wild about the dpad on the hw keyboard. Screen can be less then amazing under low ligh situations .

Incrediable - HTC - Provider Verizon - this phone is a 2.1 andriod released with sense ui agains the phone would run faster with sense and run stock andriod vs the heavly modified sense. Build quality is cheap and the phone like the backflip feels like a toy . This phone often reminds me of this youtube video
[youtube]OYws8biwOYc[/youtube]

Droid was 2.0, 2.1 came later
Many of the same issues with sense on the Hero is related to cupcake.
The consensus around the web is to run away from any Android phone on AT&T.
I don't know about the Incredible being faster on stock since the N1 is pretty much the same phone. I used both and they feel the same.

I don't know about the Incredible being faster on stock since the N1 is pretty much the same phone. I used both and they feel the same.

Sense is crap on 1.5 and 2.1

the 2.1 sense was crap, on increadable and the 2.1 hero update so far as not show n any real improvement in sense ui though that is still beta software. Increadables senseui is just as slow as the hero 2.1 so I am not holding out for much when 2.1 comes out for the hero other then i wait to flash it with a customer rom so i can run stock andriod.

Sense is crap on 1.5 and 2.1

the 2.1 sense was crap, on increadable and the 2.1 hero update so far as not show n any real improvement in sense ui though that is still beta software. Increadables senseui is just as slow as the hero 2.1 so I am not holding out for much when 2.1 comes out for the hero other then i wait to flash it with a customer rom so i can run stock andriod.

the issue i noticed is that version of sense being cooked on the Hero isn't the same on the Desire,Incredible,and Legend.

the issue i noticed is that version of sense being cooked on the Hero isn't the same on the Desire,Incredible,and Legend.

Sense on the Incredible was crap. I cant speak for desire or legend but on incredible it made the phone anything but.

HTC overenginered sense, but at the same time I am not a big fan of Moto blur UI either.

I'm actually looking at the upcoming HTC Desire on AT&T. It seems to me that as long as you root the phone, you can remove all the crap that AT&T throws on there and do what you want with it, right?

yeah rooting allows you to remote the apps that are in the protected sector. Same for tmobile and sprint and verizon root the phone to remove the bloatware.

I'm actually looking at the upcoming HTC Desire on AT&T. It seems to me that as long as you root the phone, you can remove all the crap that AT&T throws on there and do what you want with it, right?

yup, too bad you can't do it for any Motorola phone outside the Droid

Sprint HTC EVO pre-orders start this month at The Shack

JB iPhone will not boot up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)