Strange Problem... Certain Channels on 630 receivers

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I have a strange problem with two 630 receivers. I am located in the US and have Shaw coming in on two separate dishes. Anik F1R on a 76cm and Anik F2 on a 1.2m dish. I have a dual output xKu LNBF for F1R and a dual output standard LNBF for F2. I have two wires from each LNBF (total of 4) coming into a Zinwell MS4X8WB-Z 4X8 Multiswitch, F1R to the standard side, and F2 into the 22khz side. From this multiswitch, I have two RG6 cables running to each 630.
My strange problem is with the signal going out on CityHD (F2 TR25), GlobalHD (F2 TR10), and CBS East HD (F2 TR12). The other channels on these transponders do not drop out, and these channels will not if I am watching them, I.E. I can be watching CityHD, turn the channel then turn back and the receiver tells me that it has no signal. I can unplug the receiver and the signal will pop back in, with a strength of anywhere from 95-97, this is the same for the other transponders, 10 and 12.
Sometimes the problem will occur on one 630 and not the other 630.
I have hooked a SuperBuddy meter and checked those transponders, and I get a steady 95 reading.
I am thinking that it must be a software issue with the receivers, but I am not sure.
Does anyone here have any ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

I have the same setup as you with 3 630s fed by a zinwell wb68 multiswitch fed from two separate dishes. I do not have the problem you have with any of my receivers. Possibly a multiswitch issue or one of the cables feeding it from you lnbs.

He was having the issue that I warned people about. The 630 will.go to the G1 channel for the local feed if the receiver has the code for the new lnb. If he had no g1 , no channel.

Agreed - if your "service address" is outside Toronto, you're almost certainly getting simsubbed with your local network on G1, which doesn't reach Alabama.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts