stripping out DJ's

orldog

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
Does this software strip out the hosts voice and only record the music?

Thanks in Advance

Josh

orldog said:
Does this software strip out the hosts voice and only record the music?

Thanks in Advance

Josh

No it does not. I don't even know how it COULD do that :) cuz I would love it sometimes - but it's just recording the LINE Audio from the device. It then encodes the files to your flavor of format and then tags them with the Satelite Radio ID, ARtist title and Song title that you would see on the unit.

Its a nice thought tho - I had to listen to all those announcer breaks on the DMB live special.. rather annoying!

How about a program/feature that would play the first and last 5 seconds of a recorded mp3 and then allow you to keep or delete the file...?

foneguy2 said:
How about a program/feature that would play the first and last 5 seconds of a recorded mp3 and then allow you to keep or delete the file...?

Wow - thats asking a lot of this program... I am still having trouble keeping the songs starting and ending at the correct times with out overlap... this would be nightmare'ish :(

No, I mean a separate explorer-like program that you could select multiple mp3s and play them one at a time, first 5 and last 5 secs...

Your post seemed like a good idea, so I just wrote a program to do that. I'm in the process of cleaning it up, but I was using it earlier. Let me know if you want a copy.

Regarding the earlier comment about stripping out DJ's, one would have to write software which would keep multiple recordings of the same song, and apply comparitive calculations of the beginnings and endings of them to estimate which begining and ending was the most accurate (the least segue'd over). I'm working on this, but honestly, probably quite a while before it is completed.

In the meantime, orldog suggested a program to easily play the beginning/end of a song, which I've made. Just run the file (no installation is needed), and drop the song(s) onto the window. You can play the first few seconds or last few seconds of the song with a single click. It's got a delete button to send the song to the recycle bin.

I've put the file on my website, but the forum interface isn't letting me post the URL. Anyway, the beta version is done, so if anyone wants it I can send it to you.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

-Phil

Playing first and last x seconds

ppz said:
Your post seemed like a good idea, so I just wrote a program to do that. I'm in the process of cleaning it up, but I was using it earlier. Let me know if you want a copy.

Hey - I like the program - great work.
It does exactly what I asked for.
Of course, if you give me what I ask for, I'll want more...
Some suggestions...
* Have a button that plays first THEN last x seconds.
* Clear window button to clear songs from play window.
* Option to add a fade in or fade out
* Allow user to select directory (like windows explorer)
* Allow user to tag files for batch operations like deleting and/or adding a fade in/out
* Show ID3 tag info for MP3 files.

Again, great work so far. If you have the time, a few added features would make this program really nice.

foneguy

Here is a link to the app:

www.castlecab.com/dragdropplay.exe

This is not from Time Trax and if you decide to use it, you are on your own. We haven't done any testing or certification.

However, there has been some positive feedback so it may be worth checking out.

David K.
Time Trax

ppz said:

PPZ - any updates to the program? I use it quite often and the fade in/out would be nice...

Thanks

Would a fade-in/fade-out be a feature that would be useful if built into Recast?

David K.
Time Trax

dkieffer said:
Would a fade-in/fade-out be a feature that would be useful if built into Recast?
David K.
Time Trax

You are in the wrong thread ;)

I think a fade - in and fade out feature is usefull regardless of trying to get rid of the DJ's or not.

foneguy2 wrote:
* Option to add a fade in or fade out

I realize there has been some discussion of this topic elsewhere, but foneguy2 made a suggestions regarding that feature for this other product in this thread. It's something that is coming down the road so I wanted to get a sense from those that are using this other editing application to see if it would be helpful or not.

I'm quite certain that the community as a whole would love to have the option!

PN- you know these forums better than anyone, maybe you should help moderate!?

David K.
Time Trax

dkieffer said:
David K.
Time Trax
Yes! A fade in/out feature would be very useful to me.
I would use it on every mp3 recorded.
I would like to see the feature adjustable - number of seconds on fade etc.
Please implement in the future David - Thanks.

dkieffer said:
foneguy2 wrote:
I realize there has been some discussion of this topic elsewhere, but foneguy2 made a suggestions regarding that feature for this other product in this thread. It's something that is coming down the road so I wanted to get a sense from those that are using this other editing application to see if it would be helpful or not.

I was just kidding because your opening was more like a 'requested future feature' than a response to questions and thoughts :)

dkieffer said:
I'm quite certain that the community as a whole would love to have the option!

The community as a whole migth like this feature, the feature the community as a whole IMO is the feature to allow users to OPT OUT of the darn internet connection requirement.

dkieffer said:
PN- you know these forums better than anyone, maybe you should help moderate!?

Well... It is funny you should mention that, however, I disagree with your rules (regardless of how you want to start 'touting' you don't delete threads now in the new forum and forget everything else you have done) and I am not one to to help support them just yet. :)

dkieffer said:
Everyone here at Time Trax is a real big meany.
David K.

Well,

Its funny you should mention that, I cannot get my e-mails returned from Eliot or some other person.

And then, before the magical refresh of the forum, the moderators would delete almost EVERYTHING that was negative, regardless of it inciting a riot or not (I understand most of my stuff fell into the riot part)

So sure, its easy to say now, that we promote the talk of everything considering there's no evidence left of what was talked about before.

However, I do like the sarcasm :)

Good luck over there in 'meany land'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)