Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, will it make it to the end?

Who want to watch a show about coked up holllywood types living the life of success?
The first show came off as very pretentious.

At first I was sort of iffy about the show but ny the end, I was really enjoying it. Strong story, good acting and witty dialogue. Will have to set it as a "always record new episodes" on my DVR.

I Liked It Alot Too. It Was 15 For The Week,(so Far) Thats Not Bad , Is It?? And Is Not Veiwership For Friday And Saturday Lower? I think It Has A Chance, Hope So Anyway.

Geronimo said:
but the show is on Monday.

just reread my post. see i was not clear. i was refering to the link in the first post. it shows that as off today 9 22 2006, before tonights prime time line up, that studio 60 is in 15 place. my point was thats its unlikley to fall further down because friday and sat shows have less veiwers. sorry about that. hope this makes sense.

I watched second episode and thought it was watchable. Need to more time decide if I want to keep it. I did not like the stuff with harry. If you dumped the guy, why is she so upset that the guy moved on (even with her co-worker). I could not understand tha part.

The tention with the ex is what made me hit the "skip" button every time. The rest of the show was okay. But you know after watching the lead-in "heroes", Studio 60 was disappointing.

To me the banter is contrived. I also had a HUGE problem with the entire premise of the episode! Short of some one having a seizure and dying (litterally) on stage during the live broadcast, they would NEVER cut in to the west coast feed. And if they do, it would be EDITED IN on the stream not done live. With NLE this is a snap to do.

I was very disappointed with this episode. No nit-pick...it just broke my suspension of disbelief and made me be more critical of the trite secondary story line.

In my book, the show went for a "Must watch" for weeks 1 and 2. to a better than nothing week 3. For next week it is still on my DVR but if I do not catch it, I would be no big loss.

See ya
Tony

It looks like I made my previous post prematurely. I *just* watched Ep. 4 today (gotta luv DVRs). And I completely agree. It's starting to look like "crisis of the week" for each episode.

The romantic tension I still like. But I may be the worst person in the world to ask for an objective opinion on that one. Still do that sort of banter with my ex wife...and that's been 6 years after the divorce. LOL

The subplot I wished that would've developed more was the DUI/ex spouse one. Seemed like it got buried by everything else.

I'm still watching it. It's better than watching the same stupid CSI: Miami plot everytime.

yeah, but stupid csi:miami has the lovely emily proctor, so.......

i've been disappointed with studio 60, especially as much as i loved the west wing. other than liking matt perry alot in this show, (although, the sara paulson character is growing on me), there aren't too many positives.

I think if I have to watch another little plot between Mat and his ex-girlfriend, I am going to vomit. They have stretched this little story to death already. Who cares? let's move on to another story.

Studio 60’ Cancellation Imminent

Here we go: despite receiving an order for three more episodes on Friday, the Aaron Sorkin NBC drama “Studio 60 on Sunset Strip” is about to be put out of its misery.

Cast members are already confiding in friends that the end is near. It’s likely NBC will pull the plug shortly I am told by insiders.

Last week, Studio 60 had 7.7 million viewers. Compare that with competing "CSI: Miami," with 17.5 million. That gap cannot be closed.

But ‘Studio 60’ has trouble internally at NBC, forget its intramural rivals. According to ratings stats, the “Saturday Night Live” behind the scenes soap opera loses almost half the viewers delivered to it a few minutes earlier by another new show, “Heroes,” which has become a surprise cult hit.

More Here from FOXNews.com

More Electric Sky Series for Voom

Exclusive: Discovery to hold first ever "World of HD Week"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts