Successful DirecTV Slimline Attic Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I live in a townhome. I own the house but because it is connected to another house, the roof is considered common area. I don't own any land except for the area covered by my house (zero lotline). The hoa has given permission to put dishes on the garage roof but I don't like how that would look so I wanted to try the invisible install.

I am also surprised. I moved the dish lower and further to the right after my original alignment because 119 is so much stronger than the others. 119 and 110 are still my strongest with 101 not far behind. I do get all of the channels in the 70s. I am pretty sure I get everything. I haven't had a missing channel yet and it has been about 2 weeks.

You realize by US LAW your HOA can not keep you from putting the dish up in the most reasonable place (roof) to get reception right?

Very Impressive! I wish I had a clear shot to do same. My wife calls my slimlline "fiddler" as in Fiddler on the Roof because it's at the peak. But, hey, that's where we have a clear shot beyond the trees! Gotta make some sacfices in life. ;-)

You realize by US LAW your HOA can not keep you from putting the dish up in the most reasonable place (roof) to get reception right?

a. I did not intend for this thread to be about the HOA restriction. It is about having an install that looks good and doesn't change the appearance of my home. I posted pictures and my results because I thought people would be interested in the fact that it could be done and the affect the install had on reception.

b. US Law does not allow my to put a dish on my roof in my situation. You are referring to OTARD. OTARD deals with restricting dishes (and antennas) from being installed anywhere that the owner has exclusive use. For most home owners this is a yard, roof, side of a house, deck, etc. I own a townhouse with zero lot line. I do not have exclusive use of the roof because my townhouse is attached to another townhouse and the roof is a common area (defined in the development charter and the mortgage). Because I do not have exclusive use, I cannot put a dish there without permission.

FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

Note the answer to the question: If I live in a condominium, cooperative, or other type of residence where certain areas have been designated as "common," do these rules apply to me?

I could put one on my deck because I do have exclusive use to that area but I do not want to because that would look ugly, take up space on my deck, and my current install is already awesome.

I am also surprised. I moved the dish lower and further to the right after my original alignment because 119 is so much stronger than the others. 119 and 110 are still my strongest with 101 not far behind. I do get all of the channels in the 70s. I am pretty sure I get everything. I haven't had a missing channel yet and it has been about 2 weeks.

I'd love to see the look on the technician's face if they ever showed up to your house for a service call ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Questions about old dishes/dish movement

Slimline dish and Locals on 72.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)