Suggestion for Spousal resistance

tdillon

Loster then I Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 9, 2004
My wife had finally had "enough" of Voom and on Sunday insisted that I disconnect our Voom service. She didn't see what the big deal was about this Voom thing and the old cable was good enough.

I accommodated her request and disconnected the Voom STB and packaged everything, ready for Installs to pick it up. I removed the "HD" input choice from the Sony TV menu, so the choices were now DVD or CABLE.

That evening she had a temper tantrum running through the house wanting to know "who took the TV remote?". The Sony remote was sitting on the coffee table right in front of the TV. That wasn't the one she wanted. She wanted the Voom remote. (No Voom, No Voom Remote, I said)

After settling down she began the process of flipping through channels trying to figure out what was on. She wanted me to turn on that Program Guide thingy again, because she couldn't figure out what was showing. (That Progam Guide thingy is also a Voom feature, I said)

She began watching some show on ABC. "The picture is horrible." (Yes, we don't have a ATSC tuner, another plus of having the Voom box, I said)

Then she flipped to CNN (one of her favorite channels, which I hate because of the SD feed.) The analog feed over the cable was much worse than the grainy uplink that Voom sends via satellite. Another Voom win.

Needless to say, we are still Voomers.

I can't wait for the DVR to ship.

tdillon said:
My wife had finally had "enough" .... That evening she had a temper tantrum running through the house .... That wasn't the one she wanted. She wanted .... She wanted ... she couldn't figure out ... "The picture is horrible."

Divorce her.

Voom blews away cable cables TV. I too switched from cable to Voom. My wife even told me the PQ is better than with Voom, which shocked me to hear. However, the only thing she was complaining about with Voom was no FoodNetwork and HGTV, which was added last month. So she is a very happy Voomer now.

Glad to see you are still Vooming!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)