suggestion on a nice notebbok

We have some xps laptops at work cant say weve had any problems with them probably bought 10 or so , only seen 1 with any hardware problems (problem with screen) i would suggest maybe buying directly fom dell you can configure it exactly how you want it and also include a 3 year waranty for about the same price

100 bucks more then best buy ,3 year warranty, 4gb ram, better resolution

SYSTEM COLOR Tuxedo Black edit
PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.1GHz/800Mhz FSB, 3MB Cache) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1 edit
PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE Microsoft Works edit
WARRANTY AND SERVICE 3Yr In-Home Service, Parts + Labor, 24x7 Phone Support edit
LCD AND CAMERA Full Hi Definition, glossy widescreen 15.4 inch LCD (1920x1200) & 2.0 M edit
MEMORY 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms) edit
HARD DRIVE Size: 320GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive edit
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE Slot Load DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write) edit
VIDEO CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT edit
WIRELESS CARDS Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini Card edit
BATTERY OPTIONS 56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery edit
SOUND OPTIONS Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition edit
FINGERPRINT SCANNER Finger Print Reader XPS M1530

Nice! I'm looking for one for my wife for Christmas present. Her old Hp athlon that is 7 years old is about had it. Keeps over heating.

I have an XPS M1210 and love it better than my MacBook Pro. The XPS series will get you American based tech support as opposed to off shore tech support. It's part of the benefit of buying the XPS series computers.

Went and saw your laptop at Best Buy today. My wife liked the larger screen better but realized that it was too big to haul around, so she decided she wanted the 13.3" model as that one will easily slip into her purse. Yeah, it's a big purse and it has a laptop side compartment she never used. The smaller Dell also lacked the blueRay ROM too but she wouldn't really need that. The other thing she likes is the Red lid. So, I selected the computer based on processor and hardware I/O etc. She selected based on whether it would fit in her purse and the color of the lid. That's the difference between men and women. :)

Did you get that LO JACK software? It looks cool but I had trouble installing it. It kept freezing up on one of the screens so IO uninstalled it. I may call DELL tech support later. Have you tried the webcam with the video effects? We were in hysterics over some of those. If you haven't played with it yet check it out.

Tomorrow, I'll be installing MS Office, and Outlook, Skype video and our printer drivers and seeing how the photo cataloging works for her digital camera. The final thing she needs me to do is set up a VPN for her desktop at work. We're not sure she can do that as it will involve the company IT guy. He may want to handle that himself.

Um i haven't yet signed up for Lo-jack.. dont really need it at the moment.. dont take my laptop outside of the house. anyway.. but i might need it soon.. im thinking of signing up for classes at school..might need to sometimes to bring it to class and stuff

Hmm Webcam with video effects.. ? no i didnt yet.. there are lots of stuff.. and so little time to play with them right now.. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)