Sunday ticket issues today

so2344

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2020
MD
Most of the satellite Sunday Ticket channels were showing error 771 for us today. Any one else have issues? Saw a few people reporting the same issue on Twitter…

Called Directv and they said it would be $99 for a tech to come out. The support guy said he “didn’t want us to pay that much” so it would only be $8 a month for the service plan. Is this normal practice for Directv at this point? This will surely drive away customers - even comcast doesn’t do that!

Thanks, it is sad that they do this.
Did anyone else get error messages?

Mine worked fine, but I wasn't going thru all of them..

Yes, D* does do this to be helpful to the sub ....

If you would rather pay the $ 99. just tell them, they will be happy to take your money.
You sign up for the Service plan and it's only $8, then cancel it the next month.

Reactions: so2344
If you got 771 the entire country would have 771 since NFLST isn’t technically spot beamed but rather has a nationwide coverage. Sounds like a satellite signal issue. How are your signals?

If you got 771 the entire country would have 771 since NFLST isn’t technically spot beamed but rather has a nationwide coverage. Sounds like a satellite signal issue. How are your signals?
For 101 degrees, they were at 97%. Much lower on several of the others.

Yes, D* does do this to be helpful to the sub ....
Helpful would be trying to figure out the problem instead of trying to get more cash out of a subscriber, especially with a company that has the highest price point of all the Traditional Providers and is set to go even higher with the price increase.

I am starting to think customer service is dead.

Helpful would be trying to figure out the problem instead of trying to get more cash out of a subscriber, especially with a company that has the highest price point of all the Traditional Providers and is set to go even higher with the price increase.

I am starting to think customer service is dead.
Is there ANYTHING I have ever said that you don't jump in and tell me what I posted is wrong ?

I KNOW what I'm talking about because I'VE been there.

Instead of jumping on me, how about reading what I wrote, which was correct btw.
You went off on another tangent, what you posted helped the person asking the question How ?

Reactions: Mr Tony
Is there ANYTHING I have ever said that you don't jump in and tell me what I posted is wrong ?

I KNOW what I'm talking about because I'VE been there.

Instead of jumping on me, how about reading what I wrote, which was correct btw.
You went off on another tangent, what you posted helped the person asking the question How ?
Because it is not a tangent, if I called a company and said there is a problem with the service, equipment or otherwise and the first thing that comes out of the CSR’s mouth is to fix it you have to give us more money, I would cancel service in seconds.

• Haha
Reactions: AZ.
Because it is not a tangent, if I called a company and said there is a problem with the service, equipment or otherwise and the first thing that comes out of the CSR’s mouth is to fix it you have to give us more money, I would cancel service in seconds.
So EVERY Company you have ever dealt with has FREE SERVICE Calls ?????????????????

Hardly ...
D* is doing the person a favor by not charging the Service call and your ripping them for THAT ..... :facepalm

So EVERY Company you have ever dealt with has FREE SERVICE Calls ?????????????????

Hardly ...
D* is doing the person a favor by not charging the Service call and your ripping them for THAT ..... :facepalm
No, never had a service call with Dish or DirecTV, Comcast back in Michigan a few times, never a charge.

Same for Charter here in Florida, I have had two calls, both times their crappy modems kept going bad, so after the 2nd time I bought my own, but never a charge.

For 101 degrees, they were at 97%. Much lower on several of the others.
If your watching in HD, most (not all) are on the 99 or 103 Sats.
Check those for signal issues.
Have not looked to see specifically which the ST channels are on ...

edit:
Looks like the ST channels are on the 103 CA and CB Sats
Check those Sats, see what those numbers are and we can go from there.

Thanks! They are sending a tech out today and will post the results. They did call back to offer a free month of tech support, it’s goes to $8/mo. after.

Thanks! They are sending a tech out today and will post the results. They did call back to offer a free month of tech support, it’s goes to $8/mo. after.
Once its fixed and your good with it, call and cancel the service protection.
Its also possible that they would waive the $8 ....

Make sure you talk with the guy and see what he actually does to fix the issue
It could be a number of things ... A BAD LNB would be the 1st thought, however, it could also just be a dish that is slightly out of alignment.

Next day service, thats pretty good !

Once its fixed and your good with it, call and cancel the service protection.
Its also possible that they would waive the $8 ....

Make sure you talk with the guy and see what he actually does to fix the issue
It could be a number of things ... A BAD LNB would be the 1st thought, however, it could also just be a dish that is slightly out of alignment.

Next day service, thats pretty good !

Thanks, we will try after the free month.

The tech said the dish was just misaligned, maybe knocked out of alignment by wind. He said the numbers were reading low and he got them up to the high 90% signal strength.

Glad they came out the next day!

Thanks, we will try after the free month.

The tech said the dish was just misaligned, maybe knocked out of alignment by wind. He said the numbers were reading low and he got them up to the high 90% signal strength.

Glad they came out the next day!
Check your 99 and 103 Sat for signal strength, the channels most watch are on those Sats ...

You should be in the 90's on those as well, there may be a few that are not, but thats ok.
Same goes for the Spotbeam Sats, they could be all over and be ok, you typically would maybe have 2 transponders that are real high and the rest could be all over, the low ones are not in your area.

my sunday ticket works fine. BTW this sunday is the last weekend for sunday ticket!!! they always have told me i can add the protection plan at any time and remove it so i wouldn't have to pay the 99.00..