Sunfire HRS-12

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Just picked up a pair of these for the home theater. Love my Radias, but I wanted a little more oomph. I also needed something with a small footprint to go with the MKs. These fit the bill perfectly.

Specs:

Design: Carver 2008
MSRP: $1,299 MAP: $1,000
Dimensions: 13.5 " cubed
Weight: 38 lbs.
Woofer: 12" Sealed
Crossover: 30-100 Hz
Freq. Response: 16-100 Hz
Max SPL: 108 dB

Packaging/Set up: They came triple boxed. It took longer to unpack them than set them up and connect them. Once inside, the subs are in a soft bag. Standard sub set up. Connected for now into a Marantz AV7005. They calibrated very nicely. I will probably upgrade now to the AV8801 for the XT32 and dual sub calibration.

In Use: I started out with Battleship on HBO. Really dug deep for those booming scenes. After dinner put in Man With the Iron Fists on BD. They dug really deep with no distortion. They also kept a really nice musical tone during music. A couple times, I could have sworn the seating lifted off the floor. I can't imagine what they will be like after they loosen up a little.

Pros/Cons: The only con is they are a little more expensive than the box store variety, except some of the Bowers/Wilkins. They are very musical, they get those deep booms. Compact size makes them a real positive if space limited or asthetics.

S~

There are 2 sub outs, but unfortunately they are calibrated as one. Hence, why I am looking at the 8801. They still sound tremendous.

S~

OK, thats what I have. I was figuring you just gain match them and then setup in their normal spot and run Audyssey. Pretty good "how to's" on doing it.

They are matched and equidistant from the center listening position. Measured with the SPL meter afterwards and they were right on.

S~

They've been around a while. Why mess with something that works. I've had two subs for a while in my HT. Was missing the super deep bass that the HRS offers in a super compact size. They do sound awesome.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts