super-jack-2 hq

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dl76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
South Carolina
hi ya guys and gals, i got a superjack-2-hq with this 7.5 dish, how can i test the motor on it ? I read some one tested it with a 18 volt battery drill? is this safe? As far as the motor in the actuator itself?

Yes it is safe, but just rig some wires up and kinda touch the wires to bump it at first to make sure it moves. If it don't move right away don't hold the wires together too long. Could draw too much current and harm the battery if there is a short or stuck motor.

Reactions: dl76
I've never done it but I've read where others have tested them with a 12v car battery too. It's a DC motor so anything short of 40v is probably safe since standard voltage from most dish movers is "suppose" to be 36v.

I had an old HP printer adapter (32VDC @ 700ma) in my junk box and use it for testing.
100_1352_Resized.JPG

Car battery,car battery charger,car jump start box,all will work it'll just be a little slow.Just remember to hook to the motor wires,not the sensor wires,sensor goes poof!Hook it up it will either go in or out,reverse the wires it will go the other way.

well fellers, i tested the super jack motor.. it was kinda odd how it happened. i accidental left my lights on in my chevy c1500 , (was raining day before), l had to be at work that next day at noon, woke up around 11 am, Went out to start truck and battery was dead. I was like F^&CK.. So i was in hurry, i tried to start truck off lawnmore battery and it would not start it , i was like F**k... Eventually the neighbor jump my truck off to get to work. So i stop by my old mans house and got battery charger on the way home from work. I first plugged battery charger to lawnmore battery and started charging it, and then i "bumped" wires onto the actuator motor, i reversed wires and it moved back and forth. all in all riding lawnmore and truck battery is charged, thought i would share..

Reactions: KE4EST and FTA4PA
Good to know it is free and working!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)