SuperDISH Ground Mounting

Another option I should have mentioned is to adapt a nominal 1 1/4" iron pipe to the cemented-in 2 3/8" pipe I described before. The outside diameter of that pipe is about 1 5/8", the right size for existing dishes.

That pipe can also be easily converted to a 2" diameter by the following: get a short piece of PVC conduit or ABS plastic pipe with an internal diameter of 1 1/2". Cut along the length of the pipe on one side (a table saw works well for this) and then snap-fit this pipe over the iron pipe. The result is a nice 2" diameter.

Using this one approach, all bases are covered - the existing standard and either of the new Super Dishes'.

AllieVi, Thats a great idea for people putting in poles and not sure which diameter they will end up with.

Mike, I thought about that, but wasn't sure what muffler diameters were available. I was going to look into that if I couldn't find the right thickness of sheet metal at work.

I may not even need anything if I get a 2" Dish, the clamp may collapse enough on the 1.910 diameter, but if it doesn't I now have a sleeve ready to use.

There have been some really great idea's everyone has passed along.

Local channels in 721 Guide

Wireless PVR (DVR) Modulator

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts