Surround System advice needed

gubmit

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I need some advice on purchasing a surround sound system. My new home is prewired for surround sound and I am a virgin to all sound equipment and therefore have only heard BOSE lifestyle at electronic dept stores. The price is steep - $2000, but if i plan to spend this much I want to know I'm getting my monies worth, or should I consider purchasing a name brand receiver and building my surround system. If so are there any good recommendations that are in the price range of $1500-2000? Any help would be appreciated.

I need some advice on purchasing a surround sound system. My new home is prewired for surround sound and I am a virgin to all sound equipment and therefore have only heard BOSE lifestyle at electronic dept stores. The price is steep - $2000, but if i plan to spend this much I want to know I'm getting my monies worth, or should I consider purchasing a name brand receiver and building my surround system. If so are there any good recommendations that are in the price range of $1500-2000? Any help would be appreciated.

Bose is generally considered by most, me included, to be overpriced and "under qualitied". Go with a friend that has some experience to listen to a few different systems. Maybe one of them has one already you can listen to. For $2000 you can get something reasonably decent. avsforums.com - avs forums may have some good info. Also, check Crutchfield: Car Audio, LCD TV, Plasma TV, Speakers, Home Theater and Tech product reviews for cell phones, computers, MP3 players - CNET for equipment reviews from the customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts