Switched to Sprint

As soon as you port the numbers your AT&T account should close.
OK, thanks. I guess I'll wait until after 11/23 then. The ETF is still about $40 per line...

I hope the plan works out well for you..
Thanks. Financially and plan-wise it will. Sprint will be $15 less per month with 4 lines and family plan w/data through my employer, than 4 lines (only 2 w/limited data) through AT&T.

Thanks. Financially and plan-wise it will. Sprint will be $15 less per month with 4 lines and family plan w/data through my employer, than 4 lines (only 2 w/limited data) through AT&T.

Just remember that Sprint just changed their terms and you will only get your employer discount on the first two lines. The second two lines will be full price. You also won't get a discount on any of the extras that may be added on to the account.

Just remember that Sprint just changed their terms and you will only get your employer discount on the first two lines. The second two lines will be full price. You also won't get a discount on any of the extras that may be added on to the account.
Yes, I did see that. 23% discount on the first two lines only, but even with the other two lines with no discount ($19.99) it still comes out to a $15 savings...

Sprint is not doing well as they reported 20% loss on 10/27 yet subscribership was up. Sprint management giving away the store to gain new subscribers indicates serious trouble ahead unless they reverse this pattern. The stock took a tumble from 4.77 to close of 4.13 on Friday with continued falling trend. I was holding on mine but lucked out and sold off before the earnings report. It had a nice run and I had hoped for a buyout of the company when I bought in about a year ago but nothing was offered. While Sprint management is not going well, they do have some great asset licenses and a nice network of towers making it a good investment for Verizon if they wanted to expand their license holdings.

For the non-investor- subscriber, what this can indicate for the future is rate increases, less deals, and slower service improvements.

Perhaps Sprint is taking too much of a loss with their awesome pricing and massive employer discounts. I’m not one to really look at pricing and I don't cheap out but I can’t believe at how expensive AT&T and Verizon are, especially AT&T. I have no discounts so all of what I’m posting below is retail. This is the pricing based off of what was available when I bought the iPhone last year and what I’m paying now with Sprint. I know things changed a little when AT&T started to cap their plans.

Unlimited Anytime Minutes, Unlimited Nights & Weekends, Unlimited Data, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Turn By Turn GPS - $159.99 for one iPhone on AT&T Mobility

1500 Anytime Minutes To Landlines, Unlimited Calling To Cell Phones, Unlimited Nights & Weekends Starting @ 7PM, Unlimited Data, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Turn by Turn GPS, Unlimited Direct Connect, Premium Data Charge - $159.99 for THREE phones on Sprint. 1 HTC Evo and two Motorola Nextel phones.

So if I had unlimited everything with the iPhone (which I didn’t I’m using it as an apples to apples comparison) I’d be paying exactly what I’m paying now with Sprint sharing just about unlimited everything, but calls to landlines, across three phones as opposed to one for the same price. And even if those two Nextel phones were smart phones the price would still be the same. And I got a better phone out of the deal with the Evo as I couldn’t stand the iPhone any longer and it was more of a torture and punishment to use the dumb thing then anything and even worse was the AT&T service that powered it.

Two very stupid moves on my part in my short time with the iPhone was I spent the extra $100 on the 16Gb model and I never took advantage of the extra space as I didn’t have the phone long enough to. And I can’t believe it, but I paid the $80/year as opposed to $10/month for AT&T Navigation, which is powered by Telenav. It’s the SAME EXACT thing that Sprint gives all their customers for free. I signed up for GPS in March, three months later I dumped AT&T, so I didn’t get my money out of that. Live and learn I suppose. But I had no intention of breaking my AT&T contract, I just thought I’d suffer with the most overrate piece of electronics the world has ever seen and the worst mobile network, then the Evo came out and I dropped AT&T like a bad habit.

Last edited:

Post your Sprint 4G Speedtest

android app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)