Switching from Dish....maybe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffcustom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I am considering switching from dish but am concerned about line of site. Right now I am on an eastern arc set up with dish hitting the 72 and 61.5 signals. I have no line of site for 119, 110, or 129 due to trees. My dish setup is on a pole between 125-150 feet from my house just to clear the trees . What satellites will I be hitting to get HD programing on Direct. My zip code is 27302.

jeffcustom, since your local sd channels would be on the 101 satellite, like jspencer said, you only need to see the 99, 101, and 103 satellites. www.dishpointer.com will give you a very good idea of the view you need to get them.

jeffcustom, since your local sd channels would be on the 101 satellite, like jspencer said, you only need to see the 99, 101, and 103 satellites. www.dishpointer.com will give you a very good idea of the view you need to get them. Just enter your address and use the Directv SL3 option.

Thank you, I do have a line of site for these signals but the dish will have to be moved out about 25 ft. past my dish network.

What is the diameter of the pole that is needed for the dish. I am going to install the pole for the technician since his post hole diggers barely scratched the ground. I am having to get an auger from a friend to dig the hole. But the technician did not tell me the size pole to install.

What is the diameter of the pole that is needed for the dish. I am going to install the pole for the technician since his post hole diggers barely scratched the ground. I am having to get an auger from a friend to dig the hole. But the technician did not tell me the size pole to install.

2" OD

Fence posts are slightly under 2", but can be flashed to make them the right size. You can also use exhaust pipe which is 2". Make sure to flatten the end to keep it from spinning in the ground and be sure it's absolutely plumb. Also be certain it goes below the frost line. Use at least 2 bags of cement.

Fence posts are slightly under 2", but can be flashed to make them the right size. You can also use exhaust pipe which is 2". Make sure to flatten the end to keep it from spinning in the ground and be sure it's absolutely plumb. Also be certain it goes below the frost line. Use at least 2 bags of cement.

And run a bolt thru the flattened section your burying .

That works, too. You could just use the bolt without flattening the pole.

can i connect an Ethernet cable straight to the h-34 or does it have to run through the deca connection that the installer was saying it has to go through. he wants to drill a hole behind my router and behind my tv to run a coax for the deca unit.

Thank you. I do not want holes drilled in my floor. I have already fished all my cables including an Ethernet to all the rooms and the tech said he could not use those.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)