Switching to Verizon

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Hello i have been with T Mobile for years and just want a better Android phone and much better coverage and service! So i am going to switch to Verizon. My question is?? What are some advantages to buying phones for the Verizon store as opposed to online stores? The online stores seem much cheaper.. I would like to here some other people opinions on this subject before i make my purchase. I am buying two phones. Any help or advice is much appreciated!!

Get the best deal from wherever you can get it (new), the other places (like the Amazonwireless store) have pricing models built to compete with the best seen at the provider websites.

The only perk of buying direct from VZW is some flexibility with how early renewals are used (wife just got a droid 2 months ago 4 months after buying an awful eNV Touch... at the 1 year price).

Verizon's store phones are fine and you'll have the clerk do the setup for you while you wait. Online, the phone is shipped to you, usually overnight and you'll need to do the setup yourself on the Verizon web page. If you buy a "Verizon" branded phone, you can get service at the store regardless of where you bought it so don't let that influence your decision. I've always found the new phone prices the same so I don't know what you have been seeing. The B&M stores don't always have the stock which was the case on my last smart phone and why I ordered it online.

While most areas are great for Verizon, there are some in the country that are not. I hope you did reference checking so you won't be switching to a service that is equally bad in your area.

in my 7 years with verizon i always got the best deals online. you will love their service. extremely reliable. only reason i left last year is because sprint was cheaper and still pretty reliable but not as much as verizon. great reception!

in my 7 years with verizon i always got the best deals online. you will love their service. extremely reliable. only reason i left last year is because sprint was cheaper and still pretty reliable but not as much as verizon. great reception!
We were with Verizon for more than 7-years prior to switching. We loved their service, but the data plans were too expensive. We have been with Sprint for 2 1/2 years and pay $30 a month for 450 minutes and unlimited data/text. Gotta love the SERO plan...but I am so, so tired of my 2 1/2 year old Sprint Mogul phone.

Thank you guy's very much! You guy's are great!! I go fishing and hunting alot and tired of losing service. At&t and Verizon service is very good here so that is where i am going! When i goto Verizons store or Verizon online i can get a droid or Incredible for 199. If i get the moto droid i can buy one get one free. Online at different places i can get a droid for 19.99 or Incredible for 149.00!!
http://www.cellstores.com/template/...=1587,6404,3713,6400&referringdomain=droiddog

Best Cell Phone Deals from Wirefly.com - Free And Low Price Mobile Phones From The #1 Provider Of Cellular Phones And Wireless Plans

I just did not understand why it was so much cheaper to buy online then even at Verizon. I was kinda looking for hidden fee's and such.

Gotta love the SERO plan...but I am so, so tired of my 2 1/2 year old Sprint Mogul phone.

I gotta give it to ya... wow... in my almost 3 yrs on SERO been through the Mogul, TP, and TP2. I think I spent a total of $150 between the two upgrades working the system ;) I don't see how you do it.

Only thing that keeps me with sprint is 2 things a 25% corporate partnership discount off my bill and I have 3 data heavy phones with unlimited txt / data and anywheare mobile with 1500 minutes for 149. (before discount before taxes) ( verizon to have the same 3 phones was going to cost me over 240 dollars a month . Sprint the only one with Family data package.

I wanted to thank you guys so much for your input! I decided to go with the Moto DROID!!! I can root it and do way to much to it not to go for the Moto!! I have been playing with both phones and what it come down to is the Moto is way more customizable! Thank you guy's for your help!:D:up

Let me know what you think about it after a few days. I am considering that phone myself in the next week or so.

Let me know what you think about it after a few days. I am considering that phone myself in the next week or so.
Well i going to tell you this much so far.. The Motorola Droid build seem way better to me! It is just a really well built phone! If you are like me i will root my phone give it a modest over clock and my own custom roms!! I am not saying the incredible is a poorly built phone, but it sure feels cheap. With the sense UI it looks great but to me it will limit customization and android updates! From past phones with sense UI updates are few and far between. Also a small over clock of just 550 to 800 more then makes the phone snappy. In fact it out does the 1 gig snapdragon cpu's! All in All i Love android and i will be customizing this phone! Already waiting for DROID #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha

Oh yea also had a Nexus one for a very short time. The cpu was fast but overclocking really was not that good with the snapdragon. I know not every body is into Over clocking and custom rom's.

Well i going to tell you this much so far.. The Motorola Droid build seem way better to me! It is just a really well built phone! If you are like me i will root my phone give it a modest over clock and my own custom roms!! I am not saying the incredible is a poorly built phone, but it sure feels cheap. With the sense UI it looks great but to me it will limit customization and android updates! From past phones with sense UI updates are few and far between. Also a small over clock of just 550 to 800 more then makes the phone snappy. In fact it out does the 1 gig snapdragon cpu's! All in All i Love android and i will be customizing this phone! Already waiting for DROID #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha

Oh yea also had a Nexus one for a very short time. The cpu was fast but overclocking really was not that good with the snapdragon. I know not every body is into Over clocking and custom rom's.
I'm thinking of getting a Nexus One. Why did you end up getting rid of it? Any dealbreakers I should know about?

Let me know how the battery life is after the overclock. That might be a concern. I doubt it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)