Tailgater re authorization question

Rusticus

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Bought my tailgater setup in August and used it a the first few games. Then we had a couple of weeks off and when I set it up Saturday it would not work. It was a short morning so I did not call Dish then but I did Monday. As it turns out, the box wants to be reauthorized every so often. The RVing CSR re sent the authorization and it works fine now.

Here is my question(s). I have a Hooper and my understanding is that I cannot connect my 211 for tailgating to that system to keep it in touch with Dish and therefore keep it authorized. Short of setting it up outside every now and then, do I have any other way to keep it authorized. Will just connecting it to the internet and not a Dish work. Is there someway to connect it to the Hooper system?

The CSR said that they only send the reauthorization signals 2 to 5 times per year. That tells me that just setting it up every now and then will not help. I really like the Dish folks, but I don't want to have to call them all the time to resend the authorization. Is there anything I can do?

First we need to know if you have one Hopper or two.....

Second: if it is only one Hopper then running a cable directly from the open port (note not lnb in port) on your, I will assume 1000.4 or 1000.2 dish) to the reciever will keep it hooked up to a sat signal and will keep authorized.

Do not connect the line to any port on the node.

Here is where the my knowledge stops. I dont know if every time you switch it from your home dish to your tailgater and back if you need to perform a check switch or not. Mostlikely you do.

But if you have 2 hoppers then all 3 output ports on your dish are in use and short of buying a switch or getting a custom work order done to hook it up there isn't really a way to connect the two Hopper system with your 211.

Thanks for the reply. I have one Hopper.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I just went and looked at my Dish and see that I have an open connection. Unless somebody has a better way, I will take the great advice from Dishman1978 and run the wires this weekend.

If you have a friend that has Dish you could go to their house and connect it once in a while to keep it active. If I haven't used my 211k for a couple weeks I bring it to my business and connect it. If it lost programming I just make a quick call to Dish to get another hit.

And do that check switch.

IOW, yes, you are allowed to have a ViP211 series on a Hopper acct. You do not need to pay for a separate acct.

I don't have the Hopper, but my rv 211 loses signal after 3-4 days of not being connected. I run an extra line from my DP44 to the 211 and keeep it authorized that way. I leave the 211 plugged in in my RV.

Well, this worked like a charm. The receiver is now connected and plugged in on a stand in the garage. Thanks again!!

First we need to know if you have one Hopper or two.....

Second: if it is only one Hopper then running a cable directly from the open port (note not lnb in port) on your, I will assume 1000.4 or 1000.2 dish) to the reciever will keep it hooked up to a sat signal and will keep authorized.

Do not connect the line to any port on the node.

Here is where the my knowledge stops. I dont know if every time you switch it from your home dish to your tailgater and back if you need to perform a check switch or not. Mostlikely you do.

But if you have 2 hoppers then all 3 output ports on your dish are in use and short of buying a switch or getting a custom work order done to hook it up there isn't really a way to connect the two Hopper system with your 211.

I run into this with my RV's 211 all the time. It used to be super easy to get the reauthorization hit sent, just call and after you've been identified as a current customer tell the automated phone system "error message" followed by "0005" when it replied asking what the message was. But DISH changed the menu structure of the automated attendant dumbing it down and trying to get you to do a system reset for just about everything. I haven't been able to find a way to get the signal sent without talking to a CSR now.

Yes! I went to a few channels and they all seem to be there. I did have to go into the menu and do a check switch first though.

Is the 211 fully functional when connected to the 3rd output on the dish?

Need DIRT help

PTAT question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)