Taiwanese Skylink

piranesi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
New York
I hope no one minds if I ask this here, the Dish website has very little real information and I don't want to rely on the wheel of CSR's to find out:

My wife loves KBS (Korean soap operas and singing competitions) and I've just noticed that there is a $5 standalone called Taiwanese Skylink which is similar. the questions:

1) What satellite do I need to get this? I'm on Eastern Arc now with a single dish (61.5, 72, 77). Do I need 118 for this?

2) Is there a way to see the programming before I order? 9956 doesn't show up in their online real-time program guide. which leads to

3) Is this one of those channels that they list but when you try to order it they tell you it doesn't exist anymore?

1) You need 118.7 for international programming.

2) Some programming is hidden if you do not subscribe to it. This may also be because you do not have 118.7 installed.

3) It exists

To add to my previous answers, the Taiwanese: Sky Link TV package is an add-on package, which means it can not be added without a core international package on the account.

1) You need 118.7 for international programming.

2) Some programming is hidden if you do not subscribe to it. This may also be because you do not have 118.7 installed.

3) It exists

To add to my previous answers, the Taiwanese: Sky Link TV package is an add-on package, which means it can not be added without a core international package on the account.

Thanks for the quick reply! Too bad it can't be added to just any package, though. I guess the wife will have to head back to Tudou.com and her Roku.

I think, if it was possible, that small add-ons featuring one channel per country for different regions might perform well. A 4-5 channel European package with one Italian, one French, one German, one Spanish, one Russian channel for $15 or a 3-5 channel asian package with one Korean, one Japanese, one Mandarin, one Indian network. But they would have to have entertainment programs and not 24-hour news/documentaries lie CCTV or Russia Today and they would have to be under the $19.99-29.99 price that kills off the chance that anyone would try them just out of cultural curiosity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)