taking reciever camping

mavrick

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
i was wanting to take one of my recievers camping with me for the weekend. what do i need to do to make this possible.

i tried hooking it up in my vehicle once already. i had no problems with the dish setup and getting signal. i am having problems with the reciever. after i set up and get signal it keeps saying check switch. i do i get a message the i have a problem with the switch. any ideas

i tried that and it didnt work either.
when i turn on the box i get a 502 error
-a problem has been detected with your switch box configuration. if both turners are being used they must both be connected to the same satellites.
-this problem could be caused by a faulty switch box or incorrect connections. if the problem cannot be found or fixed remove the satellite connection from one of the tuners.
-this problem must be resolved before you can use your reciever. please make the approiate modifications and exit this screen to view the results of the check switch test. and run check switch again.
what do u make of that

i tried that and it didnt work either.
when i turn on the box i get a 502 error
-a problem has been detected with your switch box configuration. if both turners are being used they must both be connected to the same satellites.
-

You have a 2 receiver box so you have 2 options.

1 Use the DishPro+ LNB with a switch at the receiver to connect both tunners or.

2 Run 2 wires to the dish one for each receiver input.

Then run check switch and everything will be ok.

You have a 2 receiver box so you have 2 options.

1 Use the DishPro+ LNB with a switch at the receiver to connect both tunners or.

2 Run 2 wires to the dish one for each receiver input.

Then run check switch and everything will be ok.

i have a dish pro lnbf. when you say switch at the reciever. do you mean the little box that seperates 110 from 119. if so thats the way it is now.

and if i run 2 wires do you think this will fix it. im sorry for all the dumb questions. im a little green when it comes to hooking up satellites.

if you have a little box behind the receiver that may be a "Dish ProPlus Seperator"...
if that is the case, then you will have to use a Dish ProPlus lnb.

If you don't have a DPP lnb then take that little box out of the line, and run two seperate lines from the lnb on the dish, one to each input...
that should fix your problem

yes it is a pro plus seperator and the lnb is a dish pro.
an extra line is cheaper then buying the other lnb so ill do that.
thanks for the help.

Dish pro will work with one line if their is a pro plus seperator on back of receiver.... you have dual tuner? there should be two sat inputs on back of receiver... connect pro plus seperator into sat inputs on back of receiver (i.e.
sat 1 & sat2)... attach coax from port 1 of LNB to pro plus seperator. run check switch, should get 119 and 110 all trans.... OR what satmaster was saying is if you don't have a pro plus LNB, you can still use legacy equitment you will just need one line from the LNB for each sat input (i.e.-2 lines from LNB.) Do check switch... buy a satbuddy.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts