TBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So you guys are talking about wildfeeds, which require a well tuned dish because the signals are not that strong because they are only meant to be picked up by affiliate TV stations using very large dishes?

Wildfeeds, yes, but the signals sometimes are quite powerful. If the feeds turn out to be DVB-S2, though, they may require more dish because of the 8psk and high FEC rates . Until the playoffs start we won't know the details. Most of the GOOD STUFF in FTA is not intended for us, we are an aberration in the cosmos.
:)

Have never seen Braves on anything except Fox spso /ESPNwhen I was paying DTV. Some of the home games are on PCH(peachtree tv) TV 17.1 OTA which is the local version of TBS. I can receive PCH occasionally when tropo is right, its 86 mi line of sight for me.

Would like to see the OTA antenna that would allow you to get that!!!

TBS like TNT uses DVB-S2 for backhauls. They started using Biss encryption this year on some feeds.

Brent

What proportion of sports wildfeeds are k-band and what proportion are c-band? Any idea?

More regular feeds on C-band, but frequent special ones on Ku band. We're starting to see more and more encryption, though. Peachtree TV has been on C-band for the last several years, at various locations . Nice game when you can find it.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts