Team Summit - Keynote Address - 2PM ET

You don't have a tablet yet but you may in the near future. Does anyone in the family have a smartphone?

Yes, we all have smart phones. I suppose if dish makes an app that is easy to use and does not take a lot of space I would use that. Like the roku app. I still feel that a remote/keyboard would be easier though.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I wish the Dish anywhere app could be used as a remote like it could be on my 722. I also wish the would add ways to see and pay the bill and other odds and ends to the app.

Posted from my iPhone.

Well guys, it's all over for this years Team Summit.sitting at the airport to head back to Iowa. My trip isn't completely over yet though, I have a bachelor party to go to tomorrow. I won't actually get home until Sunday.

If I happen to hear any other news I will post it here. I still haven't had a chance to read through any of the material I picked up.

Well guys, it's all over for this years Team Summit.sitting at the airport to head back to Iowa. My trip isn't completely over yet though, I have a bachelor party to go to tomorrow. I won't actually get home until Sunday.

If I happen to hear any other news I will post it here. I still haven't had a chance to read through any of the material I picked up.

Thanks Scherrman, good job.

2 million Hoppers in homes now.
I'm surprised they let this out. Approaching 15 percent of their customer base with Hoppers (if you assume 1/account). The legal battle over ads will revolve around the number of hoppers out there if Dish comes out on the losing end. Also explains their earnings comments about decreased income due to increased costs associated with hopper boxes (to be seen offset by the fee income stream later this year).

More like pure PROFIT. Dish doesn't have to spend any of that fee money on programming expenses.:yessign:

I meant revenues for PURE PROFIT. I guess I left the profit out. But the idea is the same, DISH makes nothing but profits off those made up ,charge it because we can, FEES.

I meant revenues for PURE PROFIT. I guess I left the profit out. But the idea is the same, DISH makes nothing but profits off those made up ,charge it because we can, FEES.
Yep, all providers charge those made up fees.

Good work Scherrman, thanks.

I may try & go to Nashville next year, never have been to a team summit event yet.

Good work Scherrman, thanks.

I may try & go to Nashville next year, never have been to a team summit event yet.

Thanks everyone! Tonight is my last night out before I get home. Bachelor party in Des Moines. Can't wait to get home. Been gone since Monday.

Scherrman: Great job and many thanks!

I just read the thread and was reminded that Dish is still an innovator and old Charlie is a very smart man. Dish will continue to be a major player for some time to come.

Again, Charlie is a very smart man. Yes, the Sprint/Clearwire play is the best way to go; however, Charlie has a number of other options, including TMUS. This could be a very good time to be a Japanese banker, even with the dollar rising...

Finally, Dish & Direct simply must merge together at some point for more leverage with the content providers, economies of scale, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Back to work today. I laid in bed all day yesterday to recover from the last week. It was exhausting but I had a blast. I already had a customer in today that I went over the new promotion with. She seemed intrigued by the iPad offer. The only thing really keeping people from taking advantage of the deal and Hopper in general is the price. I think it's a little shock to them when they see all the additional fees to go to the Hopper system. Takes a bit to see all the additional features they are paying for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)