Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We are now a week away from DISH Networks annual Team Summit event in Nashville, TN!

Every year at Team Summit DISH announces something that has us all buzzing....

So what do you think it will be this year?

Good question, they added Disney with quite the agreement for the future added super Joey. Maybe I need to think more outside the box? What else could they say/do? Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

With the announcement of the new Joeys at CES I'm not sure what they will announce at Team Summit. I'm assuming they will show off new features for the Hopper system and give us a date for the Wireless Joey. I bet we get more details on their future plans for wireless. Other than that I have no clue.

They're going to launch the Wireless Joey and make it a big deal. I can't see anything that is on the horizon, unless they announce Verizon buys in Dish to beat Verizon to the punch with DirecTV :).

How about some big-time apps like Netflix?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I can't picture much of anything. Maybe a new, over-hyped app?

All I want is:
-Fix current bugs, especially since I can't transfer to EHD.
-See EHD content via Dish Anywhere.
-Set timers on one Hopper from another Hopper.

Free virtual hoppers with no monthly fee!

Oh and NBC SN Extra Time would be nice.

Would be an interesting platform to announce the IP service if it exists.

Since this event is geared for retailers an announcement lowering the cost of what we have to pay for equipment would be high on my wish list. I can buy 8 Genies for the cost I pay for 1 hopper, no need for it to be this high.

Since this event is geared for retailers an announcement lowering the cost of what we have to pay for equipment would be high on my wish list. I can buy 8 Genies for the cost I pay for 1 hopper, no need for it to be this high.

I don't think we will ever see Dish offer a buydown like directv.

What I never liked about the buydown is the requirements to activate the equipment within so many days and getting a buydown chargeback if the box isn't activated properly.

Dish has lowered equipment costs significantly over the years. I never had an issue buying it at a higher cost, I just never liked being responsible for the equipment when a customer didn't pay their bill and disconnected. In some cases your on the line for $1500 for equipment and commissions. Can't tell you how many times I have literally ripped a dish off the customers house after getting a $1000 chargeback.

Dish Anywhere app for the Roku and similar devices. Full integration in multiple Hopper set up. And of couse, the pie in the sky wish for New Yorkers, MSG/Yes.

New ala carte theme packs to supplement the current programming package levels. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)