Tech Forum Recap 11/9

What is the the thinking on a price for existing customers to upgrade to the 922 sling receiver?

that volume leveler.... is that going to be in a software update?

From the Tech Forum Recap:;)

Guest: Alan Kraemer SRS labs volume levels
Video Clip

Software will be rolling out in December for the 722k and the 922
after the first of the year (late January) it will go out to the other ViP models...

Dish is the first provider to offer this...

SRS iWow signal processor you can attach to an ipod or ipod touch is shown

Great Job! Don.:D

According to the SRS guy they've been working on this solution for 3 years. It will be most welcome. Kudos to Charlie for addressing a long standing need. Now if the lip sync issue can also be resolved...:)

Regards,
Fitzie

will this SRS thing also be updated for 625??? since most of the adds on nearly all the channels r quite loud then the programme itself. Sports & Shows r the big offenders.

Now if the lip sync issue can also be resolved...:)

I can't say I've ever noticed any system-wide lip sync issue. In fact, it's pretty much just WGN America HD, and not even all the time there. What issue are you having?

Volume leveling, this is a case where I would like to see it as just 1 or 2 clicks instead of the several it is going to take. Reason is I will want to change it every time I switch to a movie from Net programs.

will this SRS thing also be updated for 625??? since most of the adds on nearly all the channels r quite loud then the programme itself. Sports & Shows r the big offenders.

Don't know if this will help so here goes.I have a Phillips Magnavox RPTV hooked up to my 625.Phillips Magnavox has Smart Sound after rereading my TV Owner's Manual I found out that Smart Sound is only active(If turned on) through the coa:mad:F connector) input.This is a problem I had when I had my DVR connected up with S-Video and A/V connections.Now being connected to the coa:mad:F connector) hookup my problems with loud commercials has been eliminated.:D

For those with TVs without a sound leveler hopefully Dish will include this software(SRS) with the 625.:confused:

VIP series

Don't know if this will help so here goes.I have a Phillips Magnavox RPTV hooked up to my 625.Phillips Magnavox has Smart Sound after rereading my TV Owner's Manual I found out that Smart Sound is only active(If turned on) through the coa:mad:F connector) input.This is a problem I had when I had my DVR connected up with S-Video and A/V connections.Now being connected to the coa:mad:F connector) hookup my problems with loud commercials has been eliminated.:D

For those with TVs without a sound leveler hopefully Dish will include this software(SRS) with the 625.:confused:

The recap sounded like it will only happen on the VIP series of DVR's.

I am going to bet and tell you the 922 is not comming out till january 20th. This is Dish soo they will want new customers for the new year and get you hooked to get the 922 1/20/2010 soon!

I thought this tech forum program was particularly good. I will have to watch it again to try to comprehend all the information it contained, especially the video where the new lady hooked all the stuff up which I thought was really interesting. The videos about the new satellite launch were cool. The hosts seemed to be in a good mood and had interesting questions to answer. They had good guests. I am interested in information about the 922 which they had. Like I said I really liked the instructional video with the new lady on how you hook new stuff up. This tech chat is on my DVR and overall I thought it was great. I will watch it again. This is all in my expert opinion.

The biggest problem is on the Dolby Digital channels (virtually ALL the HD channels). I think there are only a few DD soundtracks on the SD boxes (HBO and such)

That's true but when connecting up my 625 with S-Video or A/V and watching my local channels programming it was still a contant battle with the volume control on the remote during commercials.:rant:

But like I posted my problem with loud commercials are no more after doublechecking my TV's owner's manual and finding out which hookup works with my TV's smart sound volume control.:)

But like I posted my problem with loud commercials are no more after doublechecking my TV's owner's manual and finding out which hookup works with my TV's smart sound volume control.:)
Dropping your video resolution by almost 100 lines and adding chroma noise.

Me want me cake and me want to eat it too. :D

per dish network again wonderin if this is true, but I was asked to be put on the list for a 922. they guy said if ur out of ur 24month commitment you would get it for free with dishn it up with a new 24 month commitment.

DirecTV Marketer Steals DISH Customers Via 800 Number Squatting

Eastern Arc SD Picture Quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts