Technical Question Old vs New Hopper- answer will probably determine when to sign up with DISH

I just had dish installed today, and just read about the hopper with sling. I called customer care and talked to them, as I would wait for 10 days to have the new box if the Hopper Transfers app would only work with the new hoppers. They told me over the phone that the current box with sling adapter would work with the transfers app. is this not so???

I called back and talk to another person, and he said that it would be a software update that would be pushed out. Um, if that is the case about the app needing the new hardware, do I have a certain amount of time that I can "return" my service and just order new service with the new hardware in 2 weeks when the new hardware is out?!?!?!?! If not, this is going to totally suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder who is telling you this incorrect information. Hopper Transfers will only work with a Hopper with Sling receiver. (new Hopper model) Telling you that a push or an udpate is coming for Hopper 2000 to offer this service is incorrect.

It's the people at Dish networks 800 number is telling me that. So, if Hopper Transfers will not work on the HPR2000, and the new Hopper with Sling is going to be released in about two weeks, is there anyway that I can either get the new hardware and send the HPR2000 back without paying full price for the receiver or can I cancel my service since it was installed TODAY, and just sign back up in two weeks?

If you are signing up as a new customer you might as well just go with the newest Hopper since both models are free with qualified programming.

If I do go with the new Hopper&Sling do you think I can still get the "old" Hopper for the $99 that they are offering now? I have no need for 2 "new" Hoppers but really want 2 Hoppers but only 1 Sling.

If I do go with the new Hopper&Sling do you think I can still get the "old" Hopper for the $99 that they are offering now? I have no need for 2 "new" Hoppers but really want 2 Hoppers but only 1 Sling.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't get one of each. They are suppose to work the same. From what I know now the customer has to specifical ask for the Hopper with Sling in order to get it otherwise all orders will default to the current model of Hopper.

The new Hopper has almost twice the CPU speed, better chipset and more than twice the RAM. Do not plan on the transfer function EVER being ported to the old Hopper.

PTAT Recording When Not Enabled

RCA AV to coax?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts