Tek2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Am guessing they're located in Ontario, Canada.
299$ for a mesh 7 footer... very attractive price but am skeptical
What do you folks think?

There was a brief discussion in Tucan's thread about the 2 dishes they sold on Ebay.

Cheers, K

Edit: Might have helped had I included the link: www.tek2000.com

Last edited:
He sold at least 1 8ft on ebay with positive feedback from someone with a 560 rating, so there is a good chance they are legit. Since they don't have any listed on ebay now, I would ask them to list one there if I were going to buy one because you should be protected by the ebay guarantee and if paid by paypal them as well. That would mean very little risk of not getting a dish.

As far as quality, you will have to decide for yourself since they don't have a long track record.

too bad we cant get/borrow a demo to get a honest product review out of it.

Besides, since they're selling Azbox, maybe Surge knows them... or not?

Last edited:
I tried to send them an email via their Contact US page. This is what I got.

[h=1]Internal Server Error[/h]The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@tek2000.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Send a PM to Rooneysat. He bought an eight footer from Tek2000. He also has a six foot solid from Sadoun. Maybe he'll send you a few pics.

Catamount

Yo Pwrsurge... you know these guys?

Cheers, K

PS- clean your inbox!

Nope! Even though I'm in the same province as what their website appears to mention they are based out of, I know as much as you in regards to "Tek2000".

Personally, I would be very weary of dealing with any business who sells to the general public but does not provide either at least a phone number or a physical address in order to get in touch with them if there's any issues. They even went out of their way to hide their true identity by registering their domain and hosting their website in Panama which was obviously done for a reason. :rolleyes:

PS: As far as my inbox is concerned, there's currently an issue with the website in renewing pub memberships which is why any PM's sent to me won't work at the moment.

Nope! Even though I'm in the same province as what their website appears to mention they are based out of, I know as much as you in regards to "Tek2000".

Personally, I would be very weary of dealing with any business who sells to the general public but does not provide either at least a phone number or a physical address in order to get in touch with them if there's any issues. They even went out of their way to hide their true identity by registering their domain and hosting their website in Panama which was obviously done for a reason. :rolleyes:

I would have thought you would be in touch, since they are selling AZ HD premium+ boxes:popcorn

Not anymore ;)

Sure about that? Still listed as 'in stock'.

Anywho, if legit, it would be awesome...what seems like a good dish at a very nice price...
But on the flip side, if its a fraudulent operation, it be kinda dumb considering this is a 'niche' hobby filled w/ tech savy folks...not
exactly the crowd you want to scam.

They will answer Emails. I sent them one the other day with a question and got an answer the next day. At least they are doing that part right.

Dunno, depending on the cost of something I wanted I might just give'em a try. I'm a sucker for a "good deal"! ;)

Sure about that? Still listed as 'in stock'.

The listing was removed entirely but it seems they just re added it on their website. It's easy to tell that these are counterfeit units just by looking at the pictures they have.

Last edited:
Sure they are they are getting them from the real official us supplier... Ricks.

Rick hasn't had any AzBox Premium HD Plus stock left for a few months now. The only new Premium HD Plus units out in the market now are clones from China as this model has been discontinued for over 1 year now.

Rick hasn't had any AzBox Premium HD Plus stock left for a few months now. The only new Premium HD Plus units out in the market now are clones from China as this model has been discontinued for over 1 year now.

Yes, same with ALL AZ stock. ;)

Where can a clone be had?...Is link appropriate here?..Shoot me a pm if not cool on open forum pwrsurge.Thanks.

I bought a LNBF last month, No tags,no Instructions,in a white box. now i dont know the best way to hook it up.Im a nubbie buut now somethings about c band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)