TELE-audiovision Magazine

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They have TELE-Satellite and TELE-Audiovision magazines.

I read TELE-Satellite about once a month, even though it comes out every two. I like the pictures of the dish farms in the back.

Here is a photo from CES 2014 with the Editor, Alex Wiese (left) with some crazy satellite groupie (right). :eek:

Alex is a great guy and a friend of SatelliteGuys!

Tele_Alex.JPG

It's the style these days. :eek: :)

Alex is a great guy!

I will share a funny story about the time he flew in from Germany to interview me for the magazine. Before he came to town I was able to setup a very special tour of ESPN for us. Because of the security there I had to pull some strings to get him in. Because he was from out of the country they wanted to do some background checks on him so they made me get a copy of his passport for them. So Alex send me over a photo of his passport which I passed on to ESPN's "World Security" team.

As I looked at it, I noticed something... his birthday listed was 1/7 which was the day he was coming to visit me. So I made some extra special arrangements with what is considered one of Connecticut's best steak house. I figured since he was coming out to see me on his special day then I should treat him to a special day.

So Alex flies in to Connecticut and I take him for the tour of ESPN. Him being from Germany he really had no idea of what ESPN was or how big it was here in the USA, but he enjoyed the tour none the less.

After the tour I took him out to his fancy dinner at the steakhouse. He got to the table and the waitress came to the table and the first thing out of Alex's mouth was why our table was decorated so differently then everyone elses. The waitess said... well today is one of your birthday... then Alex wished me a Happy Birthday and I said NO it is your birthday. He said no my Birthday is in July no January... and then I said no its not I saw your passport it said 1/7 was your birthday. he started laughing... almost all countries in Europe reverse the day and month when they write it so it goes Day / Month / Year not Month / Day / Year like we have here.

We all got a chuckle out of it including the waitress who said she would have did the same thing.

it was a great night with Alex. :)

They have TELE-Satellite and TELE-Audiovision magazines.

I read TELE-Satellite about once a month, even though it comes out every two. I like the pictures of the dish farms in the back.
I believe TELE-audiovision is new name for TELE-satellite magazine. They're the same mag (I think).

I believe TELE-audiovision is new name for TELE-satellite magazine. They're the same mag (I think).

Uh-oh. Either I haven't read it since 2012 or I've been reading the same one over and over again or I didn't pay attention to the cover.
It seems as if there is a lot more IPTV and other non-satellite stuff in there.

...almost all countries in Europe reverse the day and month when they write it so it goes Day / Month / Year not Month / Day / Year like we have here...

When I was in high school, I had many arguments with my English teacher about this. She demanded DD-Month-YYYY, because it's the 'MLA' formatting style.

Scott, I think your name is in every single issue I've seen.

Hi All,

the last issue is now online, sad news this is the final magazine, there will be no more issue after this one, Alexander explain his choice page 162.

That's a sad news, I have been a "spare time job" contriubtor (and also during SatcoDX) since 2003, the end of a great adventure.

Best regards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)