TELSTAR 12 - Montreal Quebec

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlp55

Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Hi i am very new to this so you might need to guide me here. how can i capture the satelit TELSTAR 12 it is important that i do so since my hometown channel is on that feed.

mlp55 said:
Hi i am very new to this so you might need to guide me here. how can i capture the satelit TELSTAR 12 it is important that i do so since my hometown channel is on that feed.

Iv never tried telstar12 . But I have Telstar5.

mlp55 said:

We will need the details please:

What is your location? (transponder, etc)

What exactly is the "hometown channel"?

These will be needed to determine what you must have, IF you can get it at all.

His location is Montreal (I'm assuming since the topic says that)

Which channel are you trying to get on there?

I'm in Montreal and can receive from this satellite, but it is very low above the horizon (only about 12 degrees elevation). 11732 H which had the 3 italian channels comes in very well, but some channels that lyngsat lists (like that israel channel 2) I could never catch.

It may well be a good idea to invert (turn upside down) a dish for such low elevation angles.

Telstar 12 - Montreal

Montreal's location is from what i know:
Latitude 45.5
Longitude 73.6
other than that i don't know what to provide you guys with.
i am desperatly trying to capture the TELSTAR 12 since it broadcasts the ISRAELI CHANNEL 2.
what is this all about flipping the dish upside down???

Please help

First you need a FTA reciever, a 90 cm dish and a universal lnb. You can get those locally at the Fortec ditributor in Ville St-Laurent.
I am also in Montreal and have been playing around with a HH90 motor on the same setup as above.But still haven't caught Antenna (Greek) on T12.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts