Terrible Product.

Petwanel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
I bought a new house in 1997 and had att cable install. All was well until 2002when hdtv became available in my area and I switch to it. I experience poor quality on the SD channels and constant break up on the HD channels. I had numerous service visits with no satisfactory results.

Some time during all this fustration ATT sold to Comcast. Nothing changed for me but an increase in my bill because the comcast service rep was 100% convince that the ATT service rep who wrote my order made an error with my billing. The problems continued and the service visits with no resolution continued.

I cannot remember exactly when it was but when Voom was available in my area I switch from ATT to Voom. I was happy. When Voom collapse I retured to Comcast who most recently sold to Time Warner. The returned to Comcast brought back some of the previous problems. I was relatively happy.

Back in June I started having serious problem with the DVR, I could not watch anything that was recorded. It would pixelate, break up and freeze. I determined it was the DVR.

I called Time Warner for service in August. I explained in detailed what was happening and that I had proven the trouble to the DVR. I asked the Service rep to relay this to the technician and have him bring a new DVR.

The technician showed on time and informed me he had to check the cable outside. He returned to my home and told me that he had to run test from inside. After finishing his test he asked me to turn on my TV. He changed channels repeatedly and then turned to me a puzzled look on his face and said: "I cannot find anything wrong with your service." Then came the question: "what is it you are reporting?" I was really pissed but I kept my cool. I explained to him why I called for service and demonstrated to him what was happening with the DVR. He was empress with my trouble shooting and concurred that it was the DVR. He went to truck and was back in seconds with a DVR that was obviously not a new one. I told him what my request was and he said that the DVR he was holding was in fact a new one. I believed he lied but I back down.

The later part of last month (September) I began having problems with DVR that is suppose to be a new one. The DVR started to freeze on play back. The problem escalated until last week the DVR became practically usless. The symptoms are too numerous to list but an interesting feature appeared with the touch of just about any button on the remote control or the DVR itself I would get an on screen message the said a problem was detected and I should call for service.

Well I called for service on Tuesday and told the SR all about my frustration with the service. I schedule a service call and asked to speak to manager. I was assured that I would get a call back from a manager. I did get the call on Wednesday. This is how it went: "hello may I speak to Peter Ward" "this is Peter Ward" "I am calling from TW, we replace your DVR twice and you say you are saying you still have DVR problems" "Look! I'll tell you what. Don't even bother with it. I will go to Dish Network" "Ok, bye." "bye" I called Dish Network and schedule service for this coming Saturday Morning.

Not to sound like I'm rushing to the defense of your TWC technician, but giving out used digital boxes is the norm with most cable systems. Matter of fact, so is not posting on the workorder all the specific info regarding your problem.

At any rate, I do wish you good luck with Dish Network. As a former tech for TWC, and current one with Dish, I do find that in the long run it is a superiour product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts