Thai TV on 97 w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They were a penny stock and went belly up. So, I do not see them able to transmit Thai channels that are paid for because they would have a contract with the stations involved. So unless another company buys their rights, then we will get hosed. I do not believe any other company broadcasts those stations for free or pay for them using a different satellite.

I don't see why they would lie and say that they're switching sats if they were just going out of business. That really sucks.
But I don't care about Thai pay TV. ;D If it was free that would be a different matter, since I started learning Thai a while ago and would love to start again.

ThaiTV.tv Sued

I have a feeling we won't be seeing much THAI TV on the satellite. The Bangkok Broadcasting & TV CO. (BBTV) "Channel 7" sued IPTV Corporation, ThaiTV.tv and the BKT Group in the US District Court in CA and won an $8.3Million judgement. IPTV was sued for willful copyright and trademark infringement.
Going to be hard for them to continue business 8.3 mil in the hole.

TGN and others on SES-1 now

Did a scan today and found TGN, Lao Champa, Sabai-dee-TV and others have moved to SES-1 - but don't see any updates on Lyngsat.

Very confusing to thos layman. Never lost the free channels and for Thai, just get the Army channel Looking for an answer for 3, 5, 7, 11 in Thailand that I used to get. Lucky, my wife also knows Laos and watches that one also now.

Paid subscribers were left holding the bag and my renewal subscription for 1 more year was paid in July and nothing was ever said by IPTV.

Another website I follow to ask questions and no clue there is

Thailand Forum

We finally found IPTV's phone# on our credit card's statement.

We called IPTV this morning (323-259-2132) to let them know that we can't watch channel 1-5. The lady who picked up the phone said they're no longer in this business due to the copyright issue.

We told them that we've paid them for a full year in late May but only watch for 4 months, we asked how can we get the rest of the money back and they said we can call our credit card and let the credit to charge back to them.

Last edited:
Wow. That's surprising that they would tell you to reverse the charges, rather than refunding you a pro-rated amount. That's likely to cost them more. Perhaps if they're in bankruptcy though, they don't care.

The channels 1-5 filled in and now all Laos. I and my local friends payed with a check-hosed.

thai/lao satellite

there are 11-12 thai/lao fta stations on ses-1 now. they are in a testing phase. do not know when and if they will add more thai stations. would not move your dish till official transfer to new satellite is made.

ses-1 101w freq. 12020 horizonal sr. 30000

Thanks, then there is still some optimism. Please keep us informed, please. I would assume the same box would work when/if the channels get there and the same dish is realigned.

on one of the thai stations, they flashed a bulletin saying not to move your dish antenna now. but the good news is that they said more stations will be added soon! also they said you can use your old iptv receiver and any other fta receiver to get all the stations. i believe this means they will not be charging any one for receiving ses-1 signals. so it is wait and see at this time!

Now what? Turn on the tv and no stations-just showing signal strength quality at 62% (good) and quality bar at 96%. Nothing else.

That is good news using the same equipment. I am sure a lot of pressure in the USA by Thai's, VIP's like embassies, government officials, monks, etc.

IPtv Corporation (Tha TV) Out For Good

Thai TV from IPtv Corp on 97 West is gone for good! The company lost two law suits (in July and Oct) about rebroacast of Channel 7 (Thai) programming without permission.

TV Pool (a Thai service) is considering establishng some form of signal on 97 West in IPtv place. :(

Thai TV Pool

www.tvpoolus.com is showing their service will be on SES-1, not 97 West. Our IPtv installer called a couple of days ago and had told us to wait on moving from 97 West. He said TV Pool folks had just called him to tell him about the service. We have the ADTH 8800IR receiver (MPEG 2). Looks like we will have to upgrade to an MPEG 4 reeiver for the new service. TV Pool shows 16 channels (Thai and Lao) that will be available.

I still do not see this change showing up on Lyngsat data though.

What is a bummer, can not find out any info on the internet about what is the plan. Stay on this satellite or move to SSE-1 later. Nothing maybe except here. No phone calls, no letters, just the bogus info before to call in when the signal goes away.

What a fiasco!

IPTV never advertised that they were moving to a new satellite. The commercials you saw were for the free channels and some new channels that were to be repackaged as tvpool their website is TV POOL US but they hit a brick wall (technical problems) also so now everything is like it was except no IPTV

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.