Thanks for cutting off Sports Night in HD on 429!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I don't get this, Prior too tonight's hawks game, The Chicago whitesox was on, but wasnt in HD! There was only a 30 min difference between the two. Dish had the network already allocated why not air both games? So not only am I SOL out of seeing the Whitesox in HD, After the black hawks game, Sports Night comes on IN HD, the programs about 5 min into it when dish cuts it off. They started showing some of the Sox highlights in HD as a tease but they wanted to cover the Hawks win as the main story. So not only did I miss out on the game Now I cant see the highlights.

I dont understand why Dish cant carry these RSN's FULL TIME when they have the bandwidth available NOW!. 2nd, dish's has just about every cable channel out there minus qvc and a few contractual stragglers that dish wont pickup, so why not add these RSN's in HD? Its very frustrating as a customer when you cant see your LOCAL sports programming in HD! Cutting off a HD program like sports night only proves the point that there is more than GAMES on in HD on these RSN's but this will only fall on deaf ears!

Why? Because nobody at dish cares to make dish one of the best company's around, they only care about doing the bear minimal! I know I'm preaching to choir and no body gives a rats @ss to fix it! Disappointing is an understatement.

I agree. It gets old. Seems like Bob just wants to whine about it every day even though tomorrow will be the same thing

Plus Dish only carries the games in HD. Obviously whoever was asleep at Dish woke up to flip the switch

If you want sports in HD guaranteed, come to Directv :)

Last edited:
I agree. It gets old. Seems like Bob just wants to whine about it every day even though tomorrow will be the same thing

Plus Dish only carries the games in HD. Obviously whoever was asleep at Dish woke up to flip the switch

If you want sports in HD guaranteed, come to Directv :)

Well if its getting so old, then contact dish and help the cause to get it fixed. Directv is the WRONG answer! :) Im just going to continue to point it out until dish fixes it!

No ONE HAD CSN + 2 HD.

CSN CHI only has CSN HD and CSN + HD.

The sox where moved to CSN + 2 for blackhawks and the cubs where on CSN +

If you want the full CSN CHI HD line up you need Comcast or DIRECTV.

Dont stop the campaign Bob! I too will not accept the "goto Direct for Sports" anwser. It's lame and lazy. There's no reason Dish couldn't offer them in HD. Why does Dish have to be inferior to Direct when it comes to this instance. Sure the NFL season ticket stuff doesn't make sense for them, but your telling me HD RSN's doesn't? I'm sure it all comes down to cost but the point is they pick and choose which to show and are wasting money when they dont show a game in HD. We are giving them money that they are throwing down the drain on useless channels, Quality vs Quantity. Charlie wants a worldclass company, why not have the best in programing. MLB Network is worth adding the RSNs and Extra Innings.

Dish does some good things, Many national HD channels, nice equipment.

Then they do little things like this to upset there subs: No full time HD (even when the game is being broadcast in HD, small fees here and there. If they would just see some of these things they are doing I think they could really make some movement.

I must admit, it was nice seeing my the wings game in HD and the RSN Alt channel for the tigers game in HD as well on Direct....The Alt channel as well!!

Good luck Bob with getting the awareness out! hopeully one day they will add the RSN in full time HD, becouse one other thing I have learned since back with Direct is other shows other then games are in HD

Very few people give a crap about sports in HD except the sports in the area they live in. I personally don't give a whit one way or the other. BUT...if it is going to cost ME more money every month for YOU to watch a game that I could care less about than I say, screw you and your HD sports. Have a nice evening. :)

Last edited:
Very few people give a crap about sports in HD except the sports in the area they live in. I personally don't give a whit one way or the other. BUT...if it is going to cost ME more money every month for YOU to watch a game that I could care less about than I say, screw you and your HD sports. Have a nice evening. :)

That's the common misconception, It's NOT Going to cost you more as you ALLREADY pay for it in the form of the RSN wich is included in your package, and the HD fee to enable the HD version.

That's the common misconception, It's NOT Going to cost you more as you ALLREADY pay for it in the form of the RSN wich is included in your package, and the HD fee to enable the HD version.

Correct...I do get AND PAY FOR the RSN's for my area and am quite happy with what I get in HD OR SD. I do not pay for full time HD RSN's...I pay for what they had when I signed up. My point is, that if it is going to cost DISH more to carry all of the programming from those RSN's in HD all of the time, then that cost is eventually going to cost all of us more. I am not in favor of that. To be perfectly honest, neither one of us have any idea whether it would cost DISH more or not. My guess is that it would or you would already have them. Charlie has a history of not doing things that would cost the majority of customers money to satisfy the minority of customers.

Comcast Sports Net Chicago was number the #1 network of the night last in the Chicago area.

Correct...I do get AND PAY FOR the RSN's for my area and am quite happy with what I get in HD OR SD. I do not pay for full time HD RSN's...I pay for what they had when I signed up. My point is, that if it is going to cost DISH more to carry all of the programming from those RSN's in HD all of the time, then that cost is eventually going to cost all of us more.

So lemme get this straight....

you don't care if your local team is in HD or SD
you pay for HD (assuming so since you mention HD) yet again you "don't pay for full time HD RSN's"

yet
Dish pays for the HD feed from the network all the time
Dish flaunts on their website they have 200 :rolleyes: HD channels and the RSN's are listed yet they are only part time and it has nothing to do with if FSN/CSN has the game in HD....rather if Dish decided your market is privileged enough to get the game in HD for that day

Gee I guess if I signed up, according to their website, I would get FSN North in HD all the time (again according to all the info on their website). Boy I'd be pissed due to the false advertising

Thank goodness I'm with Directv where I dont have to worry about that

The way Dish is handling the HD RSN's is bogus, whether you care about sports or not.

Personally, I see a pretty clear double standard here at Satguys. Scott and others do a great job of calling Dish out when they do something half a**ed, cheap or wrong.

For example, when Dish didn't split the Noggin (I think that's what it was called) into two different channels Scott and others were all over it, saying it was B.S., etc. I commend them for this. There have been many other examples. Scott himself has said many times that he takes pride in the fact that he will always tell it like it is and not pull any punches.

That said, when it comes to the B.S. handling of HD RSN games, Scott himself says go to direcTV if you don't like it. Double standard. If Dish elects to not carry HD RSN's at all, like they have with NFL Ticket, etc. that's one thing but this rinky dink operation they've got going now is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Comcast Sports Net Chicago was number the #1 network of the night last in the Chicago area.

Yep, and I dont buy this thing that people are saying that RSN's are not popular. In the true hd channel count thread this article is sited. Just because they are not popular in your eyes doesn't mean that they are not for others. That flys both ways.

MediaBiz

Even this author admits that HDRSN's are popular when they did their count they noted this, "We also know that our 'national' criteria cuts out some very popular regional sports networks, a move which primarily disadvantages the extra-robust sports selection from DIRECTV."

Comcast scored a 10.4 rating last night, Highest rating ever. with a 12.45 peak rating.

Comcast SportsNet Sets New All-Time Blackhawks Ratings Record For Game 3 Coverage - Chicago Blackhawks - News

Thats Triple than what the WWE averages on a Monday night Raw on USA.
"Comcast SportsNet was also the #1-highest rated television network in the Chicago market last night for households and every key male & adult demographic for the entire length of the game (8:30-11:15 PM). In addition, for the vital advertising demo of Adults 25-54, Comcast SportsNet was the #1-highest rated network in the Chicago market from 5:30 PM - 12:30 AM (seven-straight hours), which included the network’s airing of Chicago Tribune Live presented by Harris Bank, GMC SportsNite, the first hour of the White Sox vs. Kansas City game telecast, Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live, the Blackhawks at Vancouver game telecast, Smirnoff Vodka Blackhawks Post Game Live and SportsNite. "

So could you see why people would be a little pissed that the whitesox game wasn't in HD and that sports night was cut off!

Comcast scored a 10.4 rating last night, Highest rating ever. with a 12.45 peak rating.

Comcast SportsNet Sets New All-Time Blackhawks Ratings Record For Game 3 Coverage - Chicago Blackhawks - News

Thats Triple than what the WWE averages on a Monday night Raw on USA.

So could you see why people would be a little pissed that the whitesox game wasn't in HD and that sports night was cut off!
and that is local area / NHL CI only Monday night Raw is all over the usa!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts