That's it! See ya! (Wouldn't want to be ya!)

DarrellP said:
Not exactly in those words, but many people here want to believe there are no PQ issues with VOOM. :(
For me, ignorance is bliss...I've never seen anything better. I don't think I could sh*t myself over it though.
action-smiley-082.gif

wnpublic said:
Can we get a new sticky thread titled "Egomaniacs who think it's a public event that they're cancelling the service - post here?" Sooo tired of these posts. Of course, I was tired of the whining that inevitably precedes them too.

buh-bye.

By the way: I'm going to poop after I finish my coffee. I thought long and hard about this, and I know some of the haters and flamers will disagree with my decision, but I thought everyone should know.

And on his seventh post he used the word poop! I'd hate to see the first six.

Dvlos said:
Why does everyone feel the need to post goodbye letters?
To say bye to friends and thank everyone for being helpful. Is that not okay?
Dvlos said:
also for 1 TV it's $30 for regular programming, MAYBE, then you add $10 for HDTV then you add $12 for HBO. So you're paying $52 plus taxes and fees monthly.
No, I don't have to have a base package nor do I have a contract. It's just $10 for the HDPack and $12.50 for HBO. I do pay a $5/month fee for NOT having a base package.
wnpublic said:
Can we get a new sticky thread titled "Egomaniacs who think it's a public event that they're cancelling the service - post here?" Sooo tired of these posts. Of course, I was tired of the whining that inevitably precedes them too.
Can we get a sticky thread called "If you don't like what I have to say, don't click on it?" :rolleyes: The title of this thread plainly states the intentions of my post.

Thanks to many of the previous posts for backing me up! Many of you were/are great friends on the list.

Chet-

You are a good guy and your commnets here will be missed. Ignore the flamers, most of them have not given a tenth of what you have to this forum. You and disagreed at times (until my PQ degraded to your level, lol.) but your smart observations were great to read.

Be well and good luck.

I too am about to leave, I don't think I have complain about the PQ , but the STB has its issues, I got a call from billing today about the Tax they charge me and I was told that there computer or program will not let them fix the problem ( As ChetK say You can't charge tax for states that don't charge out-of-state tax ) Now they know this and cant fix it.

Thanks Seawaves! That's great to hear from you! I'll still be around, just because many of you were such great guys and I actually had some pretty good civil conversations around here. :D

I'm about to cancel anyday now.

I'm tired of paying 106 a month with no PVR. I know I'm not sticking around for Jan 1 to pay another 10 bucks month and if they have a PVR they'll want another 25.

Thats too much money to pay to see the same reruns on MonstersHD every month and the same 10 shows on the 21 crappy exclusives.

Voom is just stringing us along. When Jan comes they'll push back the PVR until March after raising prices. Voom is a good idea but it costs to much for to little. I don't think the business will survive for 2 years with what is going on.

The main reason I'm giving up on them.

1. They raised the prices.
2. They lied about the PVR coming out.

So you're now getting nothing more than E*s HD package plus HBO on a STB that you had previously bought? And then you're comparing that to paying a monthly lease fee for your STB from Voom because you did not buy it on top of paying for the VaVaVoom package? Well, enjoy your 6 or 7 channels at 1/3 the cost vs. the 1/20 number of channels you now have compared to what you had at Voom. My math says you did not make a good financial decision...

hornmdt said:
So you're now getting nothing more than E*s HD package plus HBO on a STB that you had previously bought? And then you're comparing that to paying a monthly lease fee for your STB from Voom because you did not buy it on top of paying for the VaVaVoom package? Well, enjoy your 6 or 7 channels at 1/3 the cost vs. the 1/20 number of channels you now have compared to what you had at Voom. My math says you did not make a good financial decision...
He did if the quality is better. Besides E* will probably own rainbow1 soon.

LOBO2999 said:
I too am about to leave, I don't think I have complain about the PQ , but the STB has its issues, I got a call from billing today about the Tax they charge me and I was told that there computer or program will not let them fix the problem ( As ChetK say You can't charge tax for states that don't charge out-of-state tax ) Now they know this and cant fix it.
Isnt their a state dept that we can complain to in the state that Voom operates? Perhaps a lawsuit from the 25,000 voom viewers would help?

Right now Direct TV has 4 months for free for new members.

Frankly I don't care about HD, I'd rather have a tivo then invest 100 a month into a company who is mortally wounded financially. Maybe around Jan I'll go with DirectTV HD stuff on HBO.

Like I said, I'm not trashing Voom, but no longer interested in HD just for HD sake. I'd rather have more channels and Tivo

My opinion is that if you do not care about HD then that is part of the problem and not the solution. I have been fed this SD crap my whole life and I am tired of it. The sad part is until people start demanding more HD (which I know is easier said than done) the networks and local stations will keep dragging their feet. Right now the only thing I can do is support those who support HD (VOOM) and harrass my local stations (emails and phone). I don't know if this will work but it is the only way I know to help.

kaw

Voom's mortally wounded financially? LOL, what a joke! Thats why voom keeps buying more satellites and better equipment to make their service even better for their customers. If they were so hurt don't you think they would already be talking about filing for bankruptcy? Its not happening this company is a financial powerhouse.. LOL

Voom is losing nearly 300 million per year. The 25,000 customers can't keep them afloat. With a 600 million cap on money Voom will be Doom in less than 2 years. They have been out about 9 months and have under 30,000 people.

Its not worth paying 106 per month for the same HD reruns over and over to me. If you like it fine.

The new pricing scheme has me pissed enuff to drop them like a rock.

Yesterday I posted I was leaving Voom. Good luck to you. We all have our own reasons for leaving. And it's beginning to sound like more and more folks are starting to think along those same lines as well.
Jan 1,2005 is looking like a critical day in the life of the Voom customer base.

hornmdt said:
You just don't get it. :confused: If you had ever subbed to the Dish HD Pack, you'd know that the quality of the HD is much better than Voom. :yes I have the Dish HD Pack and the Basic Voom pack and the ONLY channels I watch on a consistent basis is Rave, Rush & Monsters. The Cinema10 has not yet enticed me to sit through an entire movie. :no

Alot of VOOM bashing...and alot of people seem to be switching from VOOM to Dish or DTV. Personally I sub to DTV and VOOM basic pack. I think that the VOOM basic pack is well worth the 50 bucks per mth. I switch back and forth from VOOM HD and DTV HD and the only ch that looks better to me is HDNET. The Discovery HD on DTV and VOOM are very close...I realize VOOM has problems but they have given me two PPV fights for free...and TNTHD, DISCHD and there will be more. I dont feel with the current pricing structure and the amount of subs leaving that VOOM could stay afloat. They will be absorbed by someone. Sad thing is...I think VOOM has increased the demand for HDTV...its opened alot of eyes....HDTV is the future, but Im afraid VOOM isnt part of it. Im with VOOM until the end...its so much better than cable in my area.

Good luck Chet! As far as I'm concerned you gave them a fair shot.

I have to say I've been tempted back to D*, mainly because I really miss the GUI of my dust collecting HD200, but the lack of HD on D* at this point keeps me from doing it, and I really think V* has a good thing going if they can just get their act into a higher gear. I'm still dumbfounded that they think their STB/GUI is 'cutting edge'....it basically sucks.

We are moving (closing mid October) and if V* even attempts to force the $199 moving fee...it's history time and back to D* we go. I'll give 'em one chance to waive the fee on the phone if they want to keep us as customers, but I have this gut feeling they won't. I really would miss the programming to be quite honest.

Best of luck!!!

SpringsGuy said:
Voom's mortally wounded financially? LOL, what a joke! Thats why voom keeps buying more satellites and better equipment to make their service even better for their customers. If they were so hurt don't you think they would already be talking about filing for bankruptcy? Its not happening this company is a financial powerhouse.. LOL

Maybe you would want to do a little fact checking. They own one Satellite (or at least Rainbow's bank does) and they are NOT buying any more, rather they are leasing space.

Who talks about going Chapter 7? No one. LMAO...

There also being divested aren't they, so where is the money going to come from?

I left, but actually hope the foray into MPG4/WM9 via satellite is a success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)