The Bitch and Moan Thread (Was HD Sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damaged said:
The original definition is:
"a newsgroup post that is deliberately incorrect, intended to provoke readers; or a person who makes such a post".

Since his info has not been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is incorrect, this removes him from the area of, 'troll'.

oh so when guffy and vurbano say that directv sucks and dish is the better provider....that would be TROLLING, correct?:D

dragon002 said:
oh so when guffy and vurbano say that directv sucks and dish is the better provider....that would be TROLLING, correct?:D

LOL...you never stop do you Dragon?

Yet everyone else is the troll but you :)

Simply amazing!

dragon002 said:

Well, that is subjective, there are many things that come into play, there is a connection between the brain and the optic center of the brain (not to mention occular accuity varies from person to person for various reasons), if, for example only, someone had a bad experience with a DBS provider, with a CSR, that person may 'see' a worse picture, I know it sounds silly, but, the brain can do some funny things, you may see, or not see things that another viewer sees, there is also a question of equipment variations, even 2 HD STBS from the same line can display the same picture a bit differently, this applies to the TV, cables, length, etc. also.

The brain when it 'see's something doesn't really store or 'see' the whole thing, and only concentrates on the 'main' part of what it is looking at, leaving the brain to 'fill' in the gaps, and some brains may be better at 'filling' in the information missing from a DBS signal (so they might not see any difference), while someone else brain may not function in that same manner (and see a 'bad' picture).

Really, the truth is neither one nor the other, it is by design not a black and white issue, IMO, since I do not know enough about any of you (or E*), I am not equipped to make that kind of call, so for me, both sides have a place in the total picture.

If somoene thinks one thing is better than another, they may be right in someone elses eyes, or wrong, BUT, that does not mean they don't beleive what they are seeing/saying is true, it just differs from others' viewpoint.

Now if one can prove a person is disparaging (or supporting) something based on no evidence, or you could see _his_ TV with _his_ eyes, then a conclusion can be had, but this is impossible, hence the constant closing/ridicule of these kinds of subjective threads.

Last edited:
You know what really sucks???????? Chipotle fast food..

Now Baja Fresh is king!!! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but this hd bashing crap is getting old each day... :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Take the over. :) We dont like to close threads here. :)

With that said this is not a DirecTV topic so moved to the proper forum. :D
we dont know that yet. This could be a first time HD sub who unfotunately subbed to D*. LOL

Last edited:
damaged,

i posted this on another forum the other day and i sort of agree with you .

i installed a HD showroom the other day. two showrooms 2 46' plasmas side by side in each. i put up the at9 and all new coax. installed 1 H20 and 1 D11 in each room. there was a big difference you could see right away. the guy was a dish dealer switching over to be a directv retailer. we were talking and he said just curious which would look better? i hooked up the dish HD (dont know which IRD it was, i just tear em out, i dont study them) side by side with the d11 and it blew the dish HD box away.....KIDDING, JUST KIDDING. there was the owner, me, two of his techs and two customers comparing the pics.
here is what i saw, dish had slightly better (for lack of a better word) color saturation, sort of like most zenith sd tvs always had. the directv IRD had as the lady said "a cleaner, sharper PQ", "more 3D like",and a lot better sound. one more thing we were watching a movie, not sports, so....

If he does hate everyone, it seems to me, he would be less likely to be biased towards anyone but his own opinion, thus this could be seen as a plus in his favor. ;)

dragon002 said:
damaged,

i installed a HD showroom the other day. two showrooms 2 46' plasmas side by side in each. i put up the at9 and all new coax. installed 1 H20 and 1 D11 in each room. there was a big difference you could see right away. the guy was a dish dealer switching over to be a directv retailer. we were talking and he said just curious which would look better? i hooked up the dish HD (dont know which IRD it was, i just tear em out, i dont study them) side by side with the d11 and it blew the dish HD box away.....KIDDING, JUST KIDDING. there was the owner, me, two of his techs and two customers comparing the pics.
here is what i saw, dish had slightly better (for lack of a better word) color saturation, sort of like most zenith sd tvs always had. the directv IRD had as the lady said "a cleaner, sharper PQ", "more 3D like",and a lot better sound. one more thing we were watching a movie, not sports, so....

Ahh, you have pointed out a point I failed to mention specifically, taste, to some, a 'good' TV picture should have eye popping colors and the like, BUT, some people think a 'good' TV picture should look like real life, (how many times have you gone to someones home, and they got the color CRANKED up, if you say the picture looks oversaturated to the guy, the TV owner may say that you're wrong, in reality, neither of you are right or wrong, maybe the guys rods in his eyes have become less sensitive to colors, hence he needs more color than normal, or maybe a part of his brain prefers the cartoony look, who knows, but it is his TV, so you sit back and deal with it), so, which is better? doesn't matter what we think, the only thing that matters is the opinion of the individual who pays for and/or watches it.

Only the individual can say what they like or dislike about an image, noone else, ever, like-minds can _agree_, or dis-like minds can disagree, but you _cannot_ experience the others' view.

Last edited:
Heavotivo must be creamin his pants right now. Over 50 provocitive responses to a blatent troll.

Excuse me while I lay out a doggie bisquit and go ring the bell. Pavlovian.

dragon002 said:
damaged,

And then Dragon woke up.:D

jayn_j said:
Heavotivo must be creamin his pants right now. Over 50 provocitive responses to a blatent troll.

Excuse me while I lay out a doggie bisquit and go ring the bell. Pavlovian.

Troll post #52..Congratulations..

I think we should have a sticky post forum for Dragon and Vurbano. A steel cage death match battle royal.

Just nothing but E* sucks vs D* sucks. We could let them go 13 posts each.

And then have a poll in the end to determine the winner. The loser gets bannished!:D :D

Nice, we can make this a retirement, steel cage, match. I think we should make a Iceberg the guest referee.

Who's up for it!

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
nah....i like my job in DBS way too much.

BTW, Mickey Ds sucks! if i have to get something on the road, its Wendys for me.

LOL...Glad to see you are enjoying this too Dragon..I guess this is the official trash talking thread..Hope no one minds :)

I really dont do much fast food, but if I do its usually Burger King, just because thats what my kids always want..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)