"The Cool TV" in Cincinnati. - The TUBE lives!?

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
This may be old news, but it's news to me.
While rescanning OTA locals to get channel 9 again (it moved on Dec 8), I had a happy little surprise.

Channel 64.2. Up until this last scan, channel 64 did not have a sub-channel. Now it does and it is broadcasting "TheCoolTV" This is a 24/7 music video channel theCoolTV - a music channel that plays music, Period.. I've only had a few minutes to look at it, but it has the look and feel of the old "Tube" channel that used to be on 19.2.

Tony

Do you get guide data (on your Dish receiver)? Our ABC affiliate added CoolTV" a few weeks ago and still no guide data. I've tried contacting Dish about it with no luck.

No guide data. The EPG does show up as "Cool" but that's it. I get all the Dayton channels. I guess I didn't notice that 22 now had a .2 on my rescan.

Tony, I think it's been on 64.2 for a couple of months...Between Cincinnati and Dayton we get about 36 channels. Anytime they want to ditch one of the local weather channels that would be fine too...Blind

We actually get two different Cool TV stations here in Connecticut and both show different music videos.

I am told the music is randomly picked be a computer at the station and thus no guide data available.

I am told the music is randomly picked be a computer at the station and thus no guide data available.
I've never watched it for more than 1-2 minutes. The times I've checked it, it wasn't playing a "good" song/video, so I moved on. Is it ALL music videos, 24 hours a day ? That's a strange concept... ;) Anyone ever tried that before ? ;)

When I mentioned guide data, I can understand multi-hour blocks that might just read "Music videos" and thought maybe they'd throw in a 30-minute 'show' of some sort or other. Anytime I see "Digital Service" and it's on a channel that Dish carries (or they carry the 'parent' channel), I'd like guide data. I have this issue with a PBS sub-channel. For CoolTV, I admit it's not much value.

We actually get two different Cool TV stations here in Connecticut and both show different music videos.

each station is custom...the guide data is right though. Here in Mpls between 8-9 there is 80's "the 80's at 8" according to guide

I'm not surprised, but I went to my local ABC's website for information about CoolTV ... and there is none. They're a Sinclair station and I think a lot of the engineering-type stuff is done regionally (Indianapolis).

They added Cool Tv here in the Fort Wayne area on the CBS station 15.2 LIN broadcasting owns tv stations in Fort Wayne and Indy.

Dan Rose

Thanks, fellas...

... for the heads-up that Cool TV is something to look forward to! Our ABC affiliate, KMGH, is adding Cool TV OTA on Feb. 28. It's part of a deal between the channel and stations owned by McGraw-Hill. In addition to Denver, TheCool TV is also coming to OTA sub-channels of KERO-Bakersfield, CA, and KGTV-San Diego:

Cool TV links affiliate deal with McGraw-Hill

The channel's site lists cable carriage as "to be announced" in all three markets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)