The End of VOOM?

I just called a CSR to give them a new phone number. Then I told the girl about the E* deal. She had no clue. Give it a try its amusing.

klen said:
CVC stock is going to take off tomorrow. It already has made some nice upward movement the last 2 days...

They have a lot of pay-offs to do that will affect the stock a little, including $100 million to cancel that big Satellite order.

ChetK said:
I hate to say I told you so...So I'll let vurbano do it. LOL :D
It really was a no brainer (no snide comments Bruce). I mean E* needs to expand on HD content to keep up with D*. V* is in trouble. Therefore E* buys the V* sat already in the sky in the right position and functioning. Duh

1st, I'm a D* customer. VOOM brought competition to the market. Thats good.
Is this signed, sealed, & done? Don't forget Microsoft or WalMart or....a long way to go yet. Hang in there VOOMers........

Barney

Scott Greczkowski said:
For what it is worth, one of my reasons for saying VOOM was not going anywhere is because VOOM is almost finished building a new state of the art uplink center.

From what I know they are still working around the clock getting the uplink center ready for March 1st. And I also know there have been numerous contract signed for programming on Rainbow 2.

I STILL don't think VOOM is dead yet. Getting through the FCC is going to be really tough for Echostar, the big question is what happens to VOOM if the FCC does not approve the deal.

Man what a day it has been. :)

Where is the uplink center located? I wonder did E* swing a deal for Rainbow 2 as well?

nuclearmeltdown2046 said:
Possibility ???? One Corp. = 2 Companies ????? Keeping Voom and expanding it's HD area ??? Dish going on /w its normal operations ?????

Just a Thought ;)

,,...................................NM2046

That doesn't sound like a possibility. What the Echostar release states is that they are buying Rainbow1 from Rainbow DBS, and that it will be used to enhance Dish Network's existing service. They didn't buy Voom and there is no indication that Dish has any interest in continuing it. This seems to mean that Voom is being sold off piecemeal. Best case would be that E* can somehow use Rainbow1 to more rapidly expand the Dish HD lineup.

- jame

vurbano said:
It really was a no brainer (no snide comments Bruce). I mean E* needs to expand on HD content to keep up with D*. V* is in trouble. Therefore E* buys the V* sat already in the sky in the right position and functioning. Duh

No snide comments from me, I am sorry for you guys, a lot of you was really devoted to their service.

I admit I'm more than a little pissed. As a box owner, I'm wondering if I have any legal recourse against CVC. I am deeply disapointed, especially in light of the famous memo. I guess now we know why the memo was pulled.

bruce said:
No snide comments from me, I am sorry for you guys, a lot of you was really devoted to their service.
What are you going to do with yourself boo? Bashing Voom was your life. LOL

Damn- That Crutchfield deal was the nail in the coffin. lol

well it was fun while it lasted.. in the end though, it seems HD was not able to convince customers over the lack of Locals, RSNs, PPV, DVR, etc.. good thing i kept my D* equipment I suppose.

Scott Greczkowski said:
For what it is worth, one of my reasons for saying VOOM was not going anywhere is because VOOM is almost finished building a new state of the art uplink center.

From what I know they are still working around the clock getting the uplink center ready for March 1st. And I also know there have been numerous contract signed for programming on Rainbow 2.

I STILL don't think VOOM is dead yet. Getting through the FCC is going to be really tough for Echostar, the big question is what happens to VOOM if the FCC does not approve the deal.

Man what a day it has been. :)

Why would getting through the FCC be really tough? Echostar is buying a satellite and the rights to the frequencies. This type of transaction is one that the FCC appears to approve all the time when a company is in trouble or bankrupt. It's when a company and customer base is being bought that usually slows things down, and there's no indication that this is the case.

- jame

vurbano said:
What are you going to do with yourself boo? Bashing Voom was your life. LOL

Now, now, now, I was going to be good, don't start.
And I only have one piece of advice, if they have your Credit Card number, get out now, if you ever tried to get back money from a company that went down, it is a pain in the ***.

"I just called a CSR to give them a new phone number. Then I told the girl about the E* deal. She had no clue. Give it a try its amusing."

Nice guy.

Maybe you should try calling ex-Enron employees and ask them about their 401K, just for laffs of course.

I know I would get my revenge one day.
Take that VOOM for making me cancel my CC to stop unauthorized charges!!

I really think this just plain s*cks. Nothing less, nothing more. It's sad, but guess what? Tomorrow just another day......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts