the good old sadoun v3000gbox and matching actuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slow-was-he

Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
i ordered a good old sadoun v3000powertech gbox from sadoun,they said it is not available any more and was sent a crappy dms international v-box v . this thing would go back to the previous sat it was on when i cut off the receiver. then it would make moves when the sat receiver was off . i always have to cut the power on the mover to off when the receiver is off. i have had sat c-band dishes sense 1980 and im not a new-be .! .i also ordered on the same ordered a harl-3618 18in super powerjack actuator which failed one month after the order! let tell you how it failed .the power head is fine! the screwrod is made of metal and the workhorse nut driver is made of plastic, this small plastic nut that use to be made of metal failed and the dish fell down with a big boom, if anyone was near it, it would have cracked their head!i had to put back on my old harl 3618 motech 18" thats 20 years old and try to send back this stuff, well they will not give me a RMA on the computor ,it will spit it back at you! calling them and they will tell you to get on the computor and get a RMA no. from them. they have that RMA section not to accept any returns and your form goes blank. be carefull buying from them!:cool:

Sorry you had some trouble there, I wonder if you've tried to work this out over the phone with them. They are a sponsor here, and I don't believe your experience is typical. Sometimes we all grab a bad part or something. I had one of those superjacks fail exactly like you described, was the same exact model, but I got lucky and got over a year out of mine before it ate up its plastic gear, or whatever it was. I have another one, same brand, bought new in 97 and its still going.
Give them a call after the holiday and see if you can work something out.

i know how you fell. i had to cancel my order with them they just kept lieing to me everytime i called so after 21 days of waiting i just cancel the order

:welcome to the group :) I would second Turbosats suggestion. Sadoun is a very good dealer with very little problems so let him try to work your problem out either via e-mail or PM :)

Well i hate to see there are several people with problems , i do know problems happen
but i can also tell you that out of the 8 or 10 orders i've made from several of the above listed sponsors i've only had problems once (it could have been equipment or it could have been my fault) but i can tell you the sponser went out of his way to work with me and finally make a refund. but for that i will deal if at all possible with that type of dealer .... one that will stand up and stand behind his stuff. now i know its not always possible to make everyone happy but i do feel like you have to give them the chance.

Hi slow-as-he

The V3000 are back in stock. We had a delay during transit and we just got them in stock before the holiday.

Call us on Monday to sort this out for you. Your actuator is under warranty.

I do not doubt the conversation with a person on the telephone. I think Sadoun may have a janitor that likes to answer the phone there! {{{ OR, SINCE I USED TO WORK IN THE TELEPHONE INDUSTRY, some other company is getting his calls!}}} Twice I have gotten someone who did not seem to know what was going on! The rest of the times I have talked to someone there, they were very knowlegable and I was satisfied with the service.
Sadoun, I salute you and do commend you.

bait and switch; sadoun v3000 powertech gbox

when i ordered the famous v3000 and got my hatefull dms international v-box v,;) and called sadoun,this hatefull elderly ladie told me that the v-3000 was not avalible thru them any more and will never get anymore and i had to accept what was sent to me because it was better than the v3000 and now this place says on this web site they have them?well what is this? check my other message. ,please read it. my order no was 11840505 at sadoun , this was my christmas presents i ordered ,gifts from my wife, we order what we want from the internet for xmas . well after looking at this website i got excited about the comments about the v3000 sadoun powertech gbox that sadoun was selling and ordered one & also decided to up date my old 20 year old harl 3618 motech 18" powerjack actuator to with a new one and bought both units . ; the harl-3618 18"superpower jack actuator failed at the plastic nut on the pusher arm .i hate writing stuff like this but people better start treating people better and start selling quality products here in the USA.

The owner has responded to you and offered to make everything right. My advice to you is to stop stirring up crap and follow the instructions given to you to get this corrected.

I had a Von Weise jack that had the plastic acme nut strip too. Von Weise sent me a new jack. I do not know if they replaced the nylon nut with an alloy one? After that happened I went with a Thomson-Saginaw 36" Ball Screw Actuator and still have the Von Weise jack as a spare. After fifteen years the Saginaw jack is still working great.

http://www.tvantenna.com/products/satellite/cband/actuators/vonweise.html

Thomson-Saginaw 36" Ball Screw Actuator
Actuators by Patriot Antenna Systems

i got in contact with sadouns returns; thru a very knowledgeable person {Brent}, he got my v-3000 to me and another harl-3618 18" superpower jack actuator thru their warranty . it was my first order from them and i"m a satisfied customer. ill let you know how it works when i get it hooked up and im sure it works as customers reported , it might take a couple of weeks to get it hooked up cause im a crip in in a unpowered four wheeler, thats while my two legged friends call me slow-was-he. satellite viewing takes me all over the world without me wheeling nowhere! i also have idea about having zero weight on actuators motors and gears ; you know telescopes have counter weights on one side and why not having them on satellite dishes? ,just to take the load off the actuators arm. so if you move from from straight up and then to the west, then put the proper amount of weights on the east side of the dish to ease the load on newly installed plastic nuts installed in actuators arms.

well i'm glad it all worked out for you :)

most dishes are balanced and lightweight (mesh) that a normal actuator can do the job
i actually prefer the HD actuators ( Qarl ) they are usually a bit more but are smoother in action it also has a 2 inch arm where the Harl i think has a 1 1/2 inch arm.

I'm sure if you wanted to rig up a counterbalance that you and / or someone here could figure something out. lots of projects get talked through in these fourms :)

if you lived close i would offer to assist you with the install of your actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)