The Grass is Brown on the other side!!!!

been there, done that, back behind a desk.

don't get me wrong, there's money to be had doing it... but it's not for me.

It sounds like he forgot to remove the filter on your line at the box outside on the street. What a dumbass. BUT, you shoulda made sure he stuck around until everything was working. You gotta be firm with those installer guys cuz they have a million customers to get to in their 8 hours, and unless you play hardball they're outta there.

Once I had a 16 year old kid installing my comcast cable. We were moving in at the time, so I just told him where we wanted tv and the internet. An hour later hes done, sign here yadda. Everything perfect and he even forgot to install the filter on the line since we were just paying for the basic 16 or so channels. Ended up getting the whole analog lineup until we moved out!

So yes, YMMV.

Adelphia was very nice to me. I wired everything so they just had to make one connection.

Installer was very intelligent ad changed the tap to give me 4dB of more signal.

Gave a the HDDVR converter; I don't even have HD!! It has PIP also!!

He said they were giving those out b/c it made it easier to upgrade to HD. Sounds more like they just wanted to carry fewer receivers, but that's OK.

I can receive the digital broadcast of my local channels with this HDDVR, although, I do not sub. to the HD pack.

They gave me 3 free months of HBO and HBO on Demand and half off regular price for 3 months also.

So far, the grass seems to be greener. We'll see if it's still green 3 months from now!!!

Cox San Diego has been pretty good to me as well. I can get their basic cable ($13) along with an HDDVR ($9 for box + $9.95 for DVR fee),which gives me local HDs and HD sports channel, without having to pay for all the other crappy analog quality cable channels. I'm still getting those through my DISH AT120. I nice stop gap until DISH sorts out MPEG4. Hopefully be early next year I'll only be with one or the other. :eek:

About 3 years ago I fell for the dish buyback program scam from Comcast. $25 credit for 18 months. 4 months later I no longer received any more credits on my bill. So me being the p/o'd individual that I was complained. They told me I didn't sign up for the dish buyback program and they never took my equipment. Well they did take my equipment and long story short. I went to dial-up internet which hurt until DSL came to my neighborhood, and got dish again. And promised Comcast that they would never see another penney from me again.

If they took your equipment and didn't give you what you were promised in exchange, isn't that theft? You could have threatened small-claims court.

:yes I installed a super dish the other day for a customer who had charter cable, they kept the internet part and cancelled the cable tv part. Today she called me and said 2 of the 4 tvs are not working, so I zip over there and found that when charter came out to disconnect their cable tv the installer also disconnected all of my visable connections too. Must of pissed him off or something I guess!

I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this since it's a bit cheesy but, on Thursday we'll be temporarily moving over to Compost® until we move, you see my contract with SBC for DSL is about to go up, we're only going to be living here another 3 months or so, I don't want to pay SBC one more dime if I can help it, and comcast has no contract.

The catch is that it costs $40 a month -- a tiny bit more than we're paying now, doesn't have eastern mirrors (which I'm going to miss dearly), and only 1 TV will get digital tv, the rest will just get expanded basic.. That's MISERABLE!

But I don't have to pay the $50 fee for "not being a cable customer but wanting internet" -- and that's fine with me :D So I pay $60/month until we move (or until the 6 months are up), and then we'll be going back to dish network since well, I hate Cox cable, and that's what exists in Las Vegas (where our new place is) ... so they can take their cable and shove it ;)

*edits* oh yeah.. I'm going to make sure they don't F with the satellite wiring, cuz that's off limits! I'm not cancelling dish net (or my DSL for that matter) until I'm sure that the service aint crap. Last time we had comcast, the cable went out every now and then (but I think that was because they were redoing the wiring).

Oh yeah *continues the ego trip*

No I'm not leaving, no my avatar icon isn't changing, and no I don't plan to be a cable troll, I don't really like cable much anyway. The whole satellite community thing is fun to hang around, with all the new satellite info, new products, etc.. cable seems so boring in comparison -- shoot look at most cable forums lol. BORING!

But I can live with it, and I'll have a new set of dishes to tend to in 2-4 months time :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts