The Haunting Of Hill House (Netflix)

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
WOW! This is one, top shelf, first class creeper! A lot of work and thought went into the past and present family horror tale. Clever rework of the Shirley Jackson novel. Great cast (love Carla Gugino and great to see Henry Thomas as a middle aged man). Finished the first two eps.. Thank Goodness it's going to be cold and damp this weekend. I am TOTALLY hooked!

Last edited:
Reactions: primestar31
WOW! This is one, top shelf, first class creeper! A lot of work and thought went into the past and present family horror tale. Clever rework of the Shirley Jackson novel. Great cast (love Carla Gugino and great to see Henry Thomas as a middle aged man). Finished the first two eps.. Thank Goodness it's going to be cold and damp this weekend. I am TOTALLY hooked!

I put it on my list a few weeks back, and it's now gone live. Planning on starting to watch it tonight. The 1963 movie is one of my favorites, so I'm hoping this will also be good!

I put it on my list a few weeks back, and it's now gone live. Planning on starting to watch it tonight. The 1963 movie is one of my favorites, so I'm hoping this will also be good!
Yep, the '63 scared the SH** out of me when it got to TV about '66. The POUNDING,BULGING WALLS. This one carries the the same vibe, but with a totally different twist on the Crain Family (now the victims) . Hugh, Nell, Theo and Luke still in play.

Yep, the '63 scared the SH** out of me when it got to TV about '66. The POUNDING,BULGING WALLS. This one carries the the same vibe, but with a totally different twist on the Crain Family (now the victims) . Hugh, Nell, Theo and Luke still in play.

Watch the 1963 version uncut late at night when you are ALONE, and in the dark.

It'll still scare the SH** out of you! LOL

Reactions: KAB
Watch the 1963 version uncut late at night when you are ALONE, and in the dark.

It'll still scare the SH** out of you! LOL
Have it, and yes, it still does!:eek You remember Lois Maxwell (the original Miss Moneypenny) near the end? Directed by the great, fellow Hoosier, Robert Wise! But I digress. This one is WELL worth the try, trust me!

Last edited:
Reactions: primestar31
Episode 6 should win an Emmy award for cinematography and Direction and the actors! Never seen such on TV or anywhere! From what I read, they only got three takes before a dolly malfunction and had to abort. You just have to see it to appreciate it.

Episode 6 should win an Emmy award for cinematography and Direction and the actors! Never seen such on TV or anywhere! From what I read, they only got three takes before a dolly malfunction and had to abort. You just have to see it to appreciate it.

We just finished episode 2. I can't get my wife to watch more than one episode per night, LOL.

Finished. The ending at bit melodramatic, but what a ride to it! I bet they will try to milk another season/spin-off. They left the door half open. Kudos to the cast and crew for pulling off one of the most creative horror/supernatural dramas I've ever seen on TV!!

WOW...just wow.

I heard about the hidden ghosts when we were around episode 4, so started looking for them from that point. I haven't as of yet started my second watch-through, but will eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts