The List of Blu-Ray Disc titles

Just out of curiosity. How Does HD-DVD players doing ? Is the sale of the players are what they expected ?

If neither sales of Blu-ray nor HD-DVD are what they expected they might go back to the drawing board and come up with the Combo that can play both. That would be nice.

Any updates on the list? I'm looking for Hunt for Red October. My DVD looks grainy. So much so, in fact, the VHS version looks better. Less resolution, but not grainy.

navychop said:
I'm looking for Hunt for Red October.
It's going to be awhile, I am afraid. Although Paramount has expressed support for both formats, they haven't released a single title yet...

Upcoming Blu-ray titles from Buena Vista:

9/19/2006
Dinosaur (Walt Disney Pictures)
Eight Below (Walt Disney Pictures)
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (Miramax Films)
The Great Raid (Miramax Films)​
10/17/2006
Glory Road (Walt Disney Pictures)
Haunted Mansion (Walt Disney Pictures)
Dark Water (Touchstone Pictures)
Gone in Sixty Seconds (Touchstone Pictures)
The Brothers Grimm (Dimension Films)​
Most BVHE titles will have an SRP of $34.99.

Warner Brothers is going to release their first Blu-ray titles on 08/01:

<B>08/01/2006
Good Night, and Good Luck​
</B>

Rumor Has it
Training Day
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lionsgate has announced August 22 titles:

<B>08/22/2006
Total recall​
</B>

The devil's rejects
Stargate
Stir of Echoes

The third wave of Blu-ray titles from Lionsgate (in October):

10/17/2006
American Psycho
First Blood
Saw II
Young Guns​
By the way, I have posted the chronological list of all announced upcoming Blu-ray and HD DVD titles on the Portal page. Have a look!

Corrected. Thanks for pointing out. Please let me know if you notice anything else.

Yup, it's gone!

"Due to the recent changes within MGM Home Entertainment, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will no longer be distributing 'RoboCop' on Blu-ray disc. Therefore, at this time it will not be made available to consumers."

Are they changing the releases because the picture quality is not up to snuff (general concensus, and my offical stand and opinion as a biased HD DVD supporter)?

Last edited:
teamerickson said:
Are they changing the releases because the picture quality not up to snuff (general concensus, and my offical stand and opinion as a biased HD DVD supporter)?
We'll find out when MGM releases it eventually. :)

As reported by HighDefDigest, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced yet another last-minute reshuffling of its upcoming Blu-ray release calendar, delaying one top catalog title and indefinitely postponing two others.

Originally announced for release on August 15, 'The Big Hit' will now debut on Blu-ray on September 19, while both 'Black Hawk Down' and 'Sense & Sensibility' have been removed completely from Sony's upcoming release schedule until further notice.

The news comes on the heels of the studio's announcement yesterday that it had also cancelled the August 15 release of 'RoboCop' on Blu-ray, due the recent internal changes in subsidiary MGM's home entertainment distribution division.

I wonder if these are getting bumped out so they can re-encode them with VC1? I read on some forum that the dual layer BR discs wont show up for quite a while (no official source or link).

Four new titles announced today by Warner:
Blazing Saddles - 09/05/2006
Firewall - 09/05/2006
Full Metal Jacket - 09/05/2006
Lethal Weapon - 09/05/2006

Coming soon from Paramount:
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - 09/26/2006
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - 09/26/2006
Four Brothers - 09/26/2006
Sleepy Hollow - 09/26/2006
Aeon Flux - 10/10/2006
The Italian Job - 10/10/2006
Sahara - 10/10/2006
U2: Rattle and Hum - 10/10/2006

From Sony Pictures:
Click - 10/10/2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts