The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

rockymtnhigh said:
Yup, grim. :). Grim would be if it still says Nashville on Friday morning.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

So true! Tackling finally posted a delivery exception, saying "future delivery requested."

Is it at the local distribution center? I wonder if they would let you pick it up....
I doubt it. I'm sure Apple has told them not to do so, although I'm sure you could probably find some FedEx worker who doesn't care and will release it anyways if coerced properly.

Here's my order status:

Anchorage, AK, United States 03/10/2012 8:41 P.M. Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 03/11/2012 1:53 A.M. Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 03/09/2012 8:40 P.M. Departure Scan
03/09/2012 2:05 P.M. Origin Scan
China 03/09/2012 6:23 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

So it's coming by UPS. And since nothing since the 10th, I'd say, by dogsled. ;)

Note the trip back in time.

Last edited:
All the way from Shenzen. Awesome. Lucky they did not put it on one of those slow boats from China, arriving in 2 weeks.... :)

I wonder if they will have sufficient supply in stores. I think I might just to stop by a Best Buy store on Friday around lunch or after work. Do you guys think they would have any left?

I wonder if they will have sufficient supply in stores. I thinking I might just to stop by a Best Buy store on Friday around lunch or after work. Do you guys think they would have any left?

Depends on where you are. If you were walking into Best Buy on Michigan Avenue in CHicago, I'd guess no, but its just hard to say. Or you could walk into a Walmart and hit pay dirt too. That's where I got my iPad 2, of course the reason I started with a 64GB model was ALL they had! :)

Ilya said:
I wonder if they will have sufficient supply in stores. I thinking I might just to stop by a Best Buy store on Friday around lunch or after work. Do you guys think they would have any left?

You be sure and let us know how that goes. ;)

Think we'll have any "campers" this release?

Depends on where you are. If you were walking into Best Buy on Michigan Avenue in CHicago, I'd guess no, but its just hard to say. Or you could walk into a Walmart and hit pay dirt too. That's where I got my iPad 2, of course the reason I started with a 64GB model was ALL they had! :)

He-he! I might end up with a 64GB model too! :)
One of the nearby Best Buy stores here is not crowded at all. I think that's where I will head to.
Another idea: Best Buy has an on-line purchase with same-day in-store pick up.
If they offer that on Friday, that would be a good option too!

Do that but usually, they do have lines when the store first opens. When ipad1 was released I bought mine at Best Buy. Went in at 11AM as I recall and the Apple manager said they got 100 in to sell most were 16Gb, 10 32Gb and 8 64Gb. I bought the second to last 64Gb and another lady bought the lasty one right after me. They were sold out by noon. I don't know what they did for ipad2 as I didn't go out there.

The only exclusive Apple holds is preorder before available in the stores.

AT&T announced today that if you want an ipad 3 on Friday, come in because Apple stores are sold out! I think this is a bit deceptive as the only sell out is the ones allocated for mail order / preorder. Stores, including Apple stores will still have inventory for over the counter sales, first come first serve. This is what I got from both Verizon store manager and a Best Buy Apple employee. However, both admitted they have not yet taken physical delivery. On ipad1 the delivery to Best Buy was made the day before and right after the store opened.

Depends on which one. We have about 4 Best Buys within 6 miles of my house and 2 of them regularly run out of things like this and the other 2 seem to always have them in stock. We have even more Walmarts.

Last edited:
What per-ordering does is guarantee you get it. Pretty simple concept really. No stress, just wait for fed ex. :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)