The Next Channel On E* We All Want

1) CNN International
2) BBC World
3) NESN-HD
4) Deutsche Welle
5) RFI International English Broadcast
6) CBC
7) TBS-HD (Because of baseball)

And how is this relevant to whatever channel it is that I would want next?

So we have it now? I'd much rather have the Big Ten Network.

Although my #1 through #10 choices would all be more premium movie channels in HD.

Well when I started this thread about a MONTH ago, it was the day Setanta was launched and I wanted to get everyone's opinion going forward.

Until I saw this thread today, I didn't even know that Dish was carrying Setanta.

Not knowing much about what that channel carried, I went to their web site. Then to E*'s site to see what the chargers were. At $15/month, I'd be very surprised if 1% of E*'s subs pick it up.

Personally, I wouldn't watch it if it were bundled in my AT250 pack, but I like E* making these options available.

1) Playboy-HD
2) BBC America-HD
3) Russia Today
4) BBC World
5) Setanta-HD
6) MuchMusic
7) Deutsche Welle News
8) CBC News
9) EuroNews
10) CNN International

Last edited:
1) CNN International
2) BBC World
3) NESN-HD
4) Deutsche Welle
5) RFI International English Broadcast
6) CBC
7) TBS-HD (Because of baseball)
Do you think it makes sense to ask for HD versions of channels that they don't see fit to carry the SD version of?

CW 57 Philly HD and Comcast Sportnet Philadelphia SD and HD.

Oh and like 10 NHL Center Ice HD channels reserved for games.

2. Sky Sports 1/2
It is illegal for anyone to broadcast these channels in the USA.

Many of the UK programs have been sold to channels like BBC America, A&E, PBS and others.

And there is the matter of the USA programs. ABC would be very upset to see episodes of Lost anywhere other than ABC, FOX would be angry at Bones being available, etc. etc.

And before anyone asks, same is true of Sky Sports 1 and 2.

PS To leegart, same applies for CBC

PPS To yaz96 and leegart, Deutsche Welle is already on Dish as Channel 725 and EuronNews is already on Dish as Channel 784.

PPPS Setanta has stated they have no current plans for any HD channel.

Do you think it makes sense to ask for HD versions of channels that they don't see fit to carry the SD version of?

Possibly. Eventually, they'll probably only carry the HD version, and people with SD only sets will just use the S-Video or composite jacks out of the receiver. Once the MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 movement nears completion, this would make sense. Yes, years away.

It is illegal for anyone to broadcast these channels in the USA.

Many of the UK programs have been sold to channels like BBC America, A&E, PBS and others.

And there is the matter of the USA programs. ABC would be very upset to see episodes of Lost anywhere other than ABC, FOX would be angry at Bones being available, etc. etc.

And before anyone asks, same is true of Sky Sports 1 and 2.

PS To leegart, same applies for CBC

PPS To yaz96 and leegart, Deutsche Welle is already on Dish as Channel 725 and EuronNews is already on Dish as Channel 784.

PPPS Setanta has stated they have no current plans for any HD channel.

I dont see Deutsche Welle at 725 on my guide.

101,001th thread

Satellite Dish Pointing with Google Maps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)