The NFL Network gets agressive with TWC and other lame cable ops

cable-guy said:
the agreement is in the works and this fall, nfl will be on twc, at least in milwaukee

Please tell me this is real! any details on if we have to purchase a special package to get it? Any chance we get NFLNetwork in HD?

basshive said:
Please tell me this is real! any details on if we have to purchase a special package to get it? Any chance we get NFLNetwork in HD?

in HD probably not yet, should be at least 1 channel soon though since it is the vendor that has to broadcast in that format.

hall said:
An "agreement" implies a "done deal". How can it also be "in the works" ??

well, agreements are made before papers are signed. you must realize that when hands are sihaken in business, all that is left is signatures and paperwork, at least thats how i think it works. like i said, i know it is launching in milwaukee so i cannot vouch for other areas since it is controlled by state and local franchises. so dont be a negative nancy and just wait and see. it will all boil down to your state/city/villiage

cable-guy said:
well, agreements are made before papers are signed. you must realize that when hands are sihaken in business, all that is left is signatures and paperwork, at least thats how i think it works. like i said, i know it is launching in milwaukee so i cannot vouch for other areas since it is controlled by state and local franchises. so dont be a negative nancy and just wait and see. it will all boil down to your state/city/villiage

At the risk of being a negative nancy ...

Anyone like to wager that this (the NFL Network on ANY TWC systems) will not happen? Not only will TWC not sign with the NFL Network in September ... I would be willing to bet that there will be no agreement for this year (and probably beyond). Same goes for ESPN2HD.

toadfannc said:
At the risk of being a negative nancy ...

Anyone like to wager that this (the NFL Network on ANY TWC systems) will not happen? Not only will TWC not sign with the NFL Network in September ... I would be willing to bet that there will be no agreement for this year (and probably beyond). Same goes for ESPN2HD.

TWC milwaukee is already advertising the nfl network, would you advertise a product that you thought you may not agree to and then have to tell your customers sorry, you can't have it. i will take that wager!

cable-guy said:
TWC milwaukee is already advertising the nfl network, would you advertise a product that you thought you may not agree to and then have to tell your customers sorry, you can't have it. i will take that wager!

What, exactly, are they advertising? Anything short of "the NFL Network will on your TWC system on <fill in date>-- an agreement has been reached" ... is just another empty promise. Until there is a national agreement signed by Fred Dressler ... which would surely be national news-- do not believe it.

I just went to time warner cables website, the mil. one and they dont have it advertised, in fact they have just NFLGETREAL.com still going, I am not saying you are a liar, but I would love proof, because after this football season is over (my first in Directv) I will be back to time warner as I no longer want/ care to have a dish on my roof because of the area I live in my house is right in the middle of a wind tunnel, and I have already had too many problems. and The NFL network on time warner would make me oh so happy!

stuart628 said:
I just went to time warner cables website, the mil. one and they dont have it advertised, in fact they have just NFLGETREAL.com still going, I am not saying you are a liar, but I would love proof, because after this football season is over (my first in Directv) I will be back to time warner as I no longer want/ care to have a dish on my roof because of the area I live in my house is right in the middle of a wind tunnel, and I have already had too many problems. and The NFL network on time warner would make me oh so happy!

Yep. Our friend here is mistaking TWC advertising things like "We love football" and "We have all your football" ... for TWC getting the NFL Network. In fact, their advertising is utterly false-- they have LESS football than everyone else (cable and sat.)-- because the DON'T have the NFL Network. Pitiful, that TWC comes up with these lame attempts to hide their unwillingness to give customers the programming that they want. In the meantime, our bills are higher than any cable company per subscriber ... with much LESS programming.

stuart628 said:

The Milwaukee TWC website has ALWAYS been slow to update when a new channel is added. And I have never seen them announce ahead of time when adding a new channel.

cable-guy said:

Where exactly are they advertising this? Newspaper,website, ect??

GB4FAN92 said:
The Milwaukee TWC website has ALWAYS been slow to update when a new channel is added. And I have never seen them announce ahead of time when adding a new channel.

Well in this case, I would hope they would at least pull their This company sucks campaign right away.

toadfannc said:
What, exactly, are they advertising? Anything short of "the NFL Network will on your TWC system on <fill in date>-- an agreement has been reached" ... is just another empty promise. Until there is a national agreement signed by Fred Dressler ... which would surely be national news-- do not believe it.

do you not watch tv, twc runs a commercial for nfl net so often, that it is almost annoying.

JayPSU said:
I wrote an email to Mr. Dressler about this and he replied. Here are the emails;

Dear Mr. Dresler,

In today's USA Today I read an article regarding Time Warner Cable's unwillingness to add The NFL Network. I must admit that I completely agree with them. How do you have 12 shopping channels and gazillion other channels that most people don't care about, and yet you do NOT have The NFL Network which is HUGELY popular. To expand on that point, how do you not have Starz On-Demand and Encore On-Demand as the #2 Cable Company in America?! You're making record profits, and yet not making any efforts to make the customer happy. As a longtime subscriber of Time Warner I was very disappointed when the article in USA Today pointed out all of the things that I have been frustrated about, because now I know that I wasn't crazy. I wish I still had access to Comcast Cable like I did when I lived in Philadelphia. But here in Columbus, Ohio, I don't have much of a choice. I'm actually one of the very few residents that still doesn't have digital simulcasting! Please tell me that Time Warner is about to change ALL of this. At this rate even Satellite TV is starting to look more appealing.

Respectfully,

XXXXXXXXXX

Jay,

I live in CMH also and have TW, not having FOX, and ABC bites, My analog ears can pick up ABC digital, can you pick up ABC-HD (WTVN)
?

cable-guy said:
do you not watch tv, twc runs a commercial for nfl net so often, that it is almost annoying.

Just because they have commercials for the NFL Network (that run nation-wide regardless of the cable/sat system), doesn't mean they will pick up the channel. Heck, Comcast has commercials on TWC systems. You can't be serious.

If TWC drops the NFL Network do you think that they will replace it with another sports channel?

I hope this happens if the drop occurs.

Any rumors of the replacement?

Bosco10021 said:
If TWC drops the NFL Network do you think that they will replace it with another sports channel?

I hope this happens if the drop occurs.

Any rumors of the replacement?

Dude: TWC has to first HAVE the frickin' channel before it can drop it!! Read the thread!!! This is about GETTING the channel!! Jeez!!:rolleyes:

GB4FAN92 said:
Dude: TWC has to first HAVE the frickin' channel before it can drop it!! Read the thread!!! This is about GETTING the channel!! Jeez!!:rolleyes:

Sorry...

My local TWC system has the channel already, so I didn't read all the previous posts.

Me Bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts